My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just bought my compass today (28th) and alredy did 234km with it...i'm really happy, I Have the north + edition, white with grey interior and black rims, it looks amazing and work fine. i do have a couple of question that the owner's guide didn't answer tho.

1-when i turn off the jeep either my interior lights stay on forever, or i have to turn it on and turn it off again to close my light, but then when i open my door,it just starts beeping like crazy. solutions?info?

2-do you guys actually get any fuel economy, i used to have a 4runner V6 and i don't see any difference, or barely

3-who has the oldest jeep in this forum and what problem did you have with it

Thanks

BTW I love my compass

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot:

Does anyone live near Montreal,Qc...i'm looking not for offroad trails,but little nature escape on unpaved roads

(Sorry for my english, its pretty bad)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new Compass. Yes it does take a couple of minutes for the inside lights to fade out. The only time mine keep chirping at me is when I leave the keys in the ignition.

I have a 2.4 motor with auto and seem to get 24 MPG no matter how I drive.

I did have a 1984 Wrangler until about a year ago I had to replace the starter twice. My Compass is a 2007 and it developed a problem being hard to start about a month ago. The dealer replaced a part under warranty and it has been doing fine ever after.

The first thing you will probably want to replace are the tires. The stock ones are just not that great; loud with poor handling.

We are glad you are here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not sure about the interior light situation. Mine seem to stay on for quite a while after departure from Jeep, but they do go off. Congrat's on the new Compass, and I hope that it serves you well! I really like mine and I bought it used with 47,000 miles on the odometer. It is currently at 53,000 miles and get's me about 26-27 MPG.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome!
Mine is an '09, the interior lights do take a while to fade out, the headlights take a while also, if you forget something and have to open it again, it seems like forever until they go out:).
I get in the low 30's for mpg, the last trip hand calculated at 33mpg on a 240 mile trip, using 88 octaine. I havn't owned a car this much fun to drive in a long time!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Salut mon ami et bienvenue.....

Got most of your answers......as you can see people are eager to help in here.......gas milleage will improve as you go along............and there is a lot of us in here that live in the Montreal area........so again welcome and enjoy..........:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys i haven't go the light problem again, but it keeps on beeping like if i forgot my keys in the ignition when i get out and lucky me, both of my keys don't work so i have to lock every door manually (it wont let me lock them while its beepin)...I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to figure it out and get new keys, i'll ask for a little crash course of my jeep...This is also my first real car, i had a 94 tercel, but i shared it with my sister (she actually bought it) so if you see any white jeep compass with black wheels, try not to bump it its already a killer on insurance (im 18 :p)

people from montreal, is there any little off road place (nothin to crazy) on the north or south shore, i'd like to test it out a little

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
brought it to the dealer and everythin is ok (fuze was put upside down)...and i'm now getting better gas mileage, for some reason

·
Registered
4 Posts
lights camera action

if you press the little button on the tripometer you will get to an options settings hold it in till you enter the setup mode go through your options and set them as you see fit.

good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Off the paved roads.

I forgot:

Does anyone live near Montreal,Qc...i'm looking not for offroad trails,but little nature escape on unpaved roads

(Sorry for my english, its pretty bad)
Votre anglais est meiux que ma francais, bravo.

- for unpaved roads read "Almost off-road, but not off the road" by i2canoe, under general discussion.
Generally the Papineau-Labelle Wildlife Reserve roads are quite good, but try entering from the south side, through Amherst, off highway 323.
- Park road #6 was particularly hairy, there was a juction to park road #7N, I believe, towards La Minerve, but it was marked "caution-unmaintained road" and from the experience on road 6 which was crudely maintained at best I dared not venture up that route.
Enjoy your Compass, test it to the limit, but always be careful and thought full of the enviroment.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Regarding the interior light. There is a dial on the direction light lever it has to be turned to a particular setting for the interior lights to go off. They will go off and on if the dial is sedt properly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Back to the question about who has the oldest Jeep Compass, I'll solicit mine. It is an '07 with 54,000 miles on the odometer, and I'm having problems with the windshield washer pump. The pump runs but hardly any washer fluid is sprayed. This Jeep is still getting around 25-27 MPG on the average and doesn't use any noticable oil yet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
yeah, usually dirt plugs the sprayer, if you use a pin that usually cleans it out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts