My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Just got the Compass - Stop/Start & Dash question

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rriggs 
#1 · (Edited)
Our new Compass has auto start / stop but it hasn't kicked in...what are the requirements regarding battery levels etc for it to operate? The car has only done 60km (35 miles).

Also on the dash, where the odometer is, it says "H" next to the kilometres travelled - what is it? Can it be removed?

Reactions: Salub
#8 ·
This image makes me jealous that US models have the sensor but for some reason dont have the automatic cruise control.

My dealer said it might be turned off due to no regulation on how much trucks can be lifted in the US. As the sensor is low, the car might simply not detect a lifted truck in front and crash into it.

#10 ·
Can’t see that being the reason. There are many vehicles in many shapes and sizes all over the world and ACC can cope with them all. More likely a type approval issue on the ACC system or a particular part of it that is used on the Compass. Probably nothing w one with it at all but without the correct bit of paper for the approval they can’t sell it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.