My Jeep Compass Forum banner

just making sure??

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  RobertM 
#1 ·
hey guys, i am making sure im getting the right stuff before i order but will the PAC C2R-CHY4 handle the aftermarket NAV? or does that even matter, if i am asking it correctly. Make sure i am getting the right canbus, i want to keep the chimes and stuff. so i need it amplified?

#2 · (Edited)
it should be good to go, do you currently have the basic radio from the factory installed with basic speakers?
Youll need a METRA 95-6511 2007 DODGE/JEEP/CHRYSLER DOUBLE DIN KIT so you have backets to mount the radio into the car and Jeep RADIO Antenna Adapter Wire Harness Plug 2001-2011 if you want to connect your antenna to the radio. Is this a single or double din radio that you are installing?

you can see my install for a 2011 here

Avic x910-bt install

#3 ·
its a "double din" 6.5 inch screen, when i spoke to the lady about the unit and seeing if they had a double din package to go with it, she said she talked with there technician and said it meets OEM specs and no need for the double din brackets. Should just fit in..so ya. but its aftermarket lol. my next question for you is the backup camera im wanting mounts on the license plate. looks like ill still have room to put my hand to open the back hatch.

#5 ·
#10 ·
Backup Camera

I just got a backup camera that mounts on the license plate and will be trying to install tomorrow, or at least mount it to make sure it fits before wiring. I will try to post asap or PM me for info, it looks like it iwll be close but the camera should fit with enough room for to get into the tailgate.

#11 ·
License plate backup camera mounted, looks awesome!

It is a little tight with the handle, but after a try or two you can down how to open it and it is not an issue. For other people who have not opened the back it may be a slight issue. I have it up and running but still need to figure out the best way to run the wire from the hatch to inside the car (there is an access point from outside but not sure if I have to remove headlinder or interior panels to access from the inside).

Attachments

#13 ·
Curious where u ran the gps antenna for ur head unit. I dont figure the regular antenna adapter would suffice. Thanks to all of the threads i have got an AVIC 940BT, xm radio reciever, and Audioox cmos backup camera to install this weekend. I might have some(or a lot) of questions, hope i can count on some help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.