My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm hoping to get it in this week some time and HOPEFULLY i can install it Sunday Sept 6. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for it arriving this week. :D And yes i will post picks and PLENTY OF sound clips.;) lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why Sept 6th ???? any special meaning ???
LOL yes... when i have a free chance to install it .... lol.. you know what it only "takes an hour to install". If it comes in early enough AND i have enough energy after work i'll do it sooner. :eek::D:cool:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Take your time..........and we'll be waiting...........Good luck !

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: UPS says Tuesday the 8th :( but i've seen things arrive early before.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't believe how much smaller that thing is!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Can't wait to see some pics of the install itself as well..........take a good rest first !!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I need to find a part number on just that muffler. I dont want the whole system, just the muffler but I haven't been able to find it in the past. Did you order the whole system? Im gessing so for that price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't wait to see some pics of the install itself as well..........take a good rest first !!!!
hahah pics/sound clips will be up once i get home tonight. And yes i did rest up. :D

eze07projectmayhem said:
I need to find a part number on just that muffler. I dont want the whole system, just the muffler but I haven't been able to find it in the past. Did you order the whole system? Im gessing so for that price.
Correct i did order the entire catback system.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I could only find one universal muffler on their site that has the input and output on the same side and is near the same size as the one from the full system.

It would still fit however the inputs were 2.5 instead of 2.25. I could probably make it work with some reducers but thats just more welding so it would probably cost more.

Does anyone know of a different muffer that might be better with 2.25 in/out-puts??

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Very nice.........and love the sound..........it does rumble..............I thought it would been more concealed than this though!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: Since i've installed the muffler, here are the average MPG results. Before the upgrade i would get 25.5-27.9 MPG. Week one (i was flooring it alot) with mixed highway and city travel i got 27.03. Week two (same mixed highway/city driving) with alot less flooring of the car (but there was a couple of times where i had to kick it into high gear) i got 28.14 MPG! I got the car to break the 28 MPG barrier! Now this week im going to try and refrain driving like a nut just to see what ill get this time around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the sound, I'm thinking that this will be my first add-on once the bumper-to-bumper runs out in a few more months. Thanks for the clips and pics.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hehe awesome...FYI:you do not have to wait for the warranty to run out. This has been a topic that has been discussed alot (on other forums that i belong too). Basically if you upgraded the muffler now, and something happened to the car (for example engine failure) the dealer has to PROVE that your muffler caused the failure. Most dealers don't care BUT occasionally jerk dealer ships will try and blame the aftermarket parts. Some dealerships actually write "no aftermarket exhaust systems" in their warranty contacts! For example, my friend who bought his brand new 2001 ford mustang back in the day couldnt upgrade his exhaust because it was written in the darn contract!.. end of FYI ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.