My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and a pleasent Thanksgiving to all. Olde gearhead here, w/ my wife & I owning our first Jeep product. A '12 Compass Ltd. Red w/pebble beige interior. Am truly surprised w/ quality of materials & workmanship (read: assembly) of this vehicle. Shiftable A/T is a hoot to tool around in traffic. Any comments on fuel efficency appreciated. Wife really into fact of point of origin of parts and where assembled (both a selling point for her). Will say this is not a Kaiser or AMC product!! Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum and congrats on your Compass! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your new ride! I got 29+ mpg with my Compass and I'm sure others here will have their thoughts as well lol, but sure glad you're happy with your purchase and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to the club. Hav fun w/ ur Compass and u will enjoy it.
Cherokee-how do u get 29+ mpg? I cant get over 21 mpg. I also change the air filter and plugs to try to help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ronjr8102 how are you calculating the MPGs?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the club. Hav fun w/ ur Compass and u will enjoy it.
Cherokee-how do u get 29+ mpg? I cant get over 21 mpg. I also change the air filter and plugs to try to help.
I apologize ron, didn't see this post but my advantage really comes in that I do probably 90% highway driving, very little stop and go which kills fuel mileage and not much idling. I don't start it up and let it warm up in the winter, I just drive until it gets to operating temp and then turn on the heat and, like you, I keep the maintenance up but it's not uncommon to see 28-29mpg on the EVIC.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'12 update S/E Pa

Hello again; Just wanted to share, mileage up to twentyfour now w/ just 2400 miles on clock and mostly urban driving. We are enjoying vehicle a great deal. Here in our neck of the woods we have a state route 234 which reminds one of traffic in the sixties on secondary roads. It is a combination of twolane country road- whistle stop cross roads- and mountain road(paved). A sheer delight to "tool" along on & simultaniously enjoy the scenery regardless of season. Been on 234 several times and enjoyed surefootedness on chicanes,etc. Close by off 933N is a long unpaved road to a resevoir, Long Pine Run, want to try same in spring. South Mt. area of south-central PA is real Jeep country with almost the gammit of terrain w/ the exception of desert (if a sand-mine-quarry counts;then desert is covered!). Am too olde a fart to go trailing or boging anymore but in the day gave it hell on my dirt bike! Enjoy super bowel & have good w/e. Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts