1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I had the K&N intake on my 08 Patriot, I've been thinking of this kit for my 2012, nice to see it installed, so is the air filter exposed at all, i'm trying to see the upside to this intake vs factory, it seems nearly the same except for the intake pipe?

Is the sound much louder than factory, I would think it would be quieter compared to your 08 compass with the intake on it since on that setup everything was in the open.

Thanks for the write up though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, it is open in the back (The firewall side), it's not a closed box like the stock one. Yeah, i havent driven the car yet, I literally finished it at 11pm last night. I have to run some errands later today to test it out. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
UPDATE: Low end power definitely increased. When starting from a stop, I can actually spin the tires a little bit now (without shutting off 4x4, EPS etc etc). Gear shifting is smoother. An unexpected bonus is my RPMs are slightly lower on the highway! Winter is pretty much starting over here, and i had upper 20F mornings + mid 40F on the drive home. I was able to get an average of 25 MPGs (compared to the 26-27MPGs i would get during summer temps). THE BAD: It's LOUD! you can kind of hear it at 2k RPMs but at 3k its REALLY LOUD! I think its funny, but if you want a quiet car, this mod is not for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done an intake upgrade as well. I put in an AEM intake (it's completely open). It's really loud, but hey, I love loud vehicles. I got a slight decrease in RPMs when on the highway, and a little bit better gas mileage.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice Phil! Yeah the 2011-up have the PCMs mounted on the top of the airbox (dont know why they decided to put it there), thats why only the back of mine is open.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've done an intake upgrade as well. I put in an AEM intake (it's completely open). It's really loud, but hey, I love loud vehicles. I got a slight decrease in RPMs when on the highway, and a little bit better gas mileage.
What AEM did you put? I didnt think AEM sold one for the Compass.
Let me know please :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
4 hours to install
Finished 3am
havent tried to put down the foot yet
The top lid screws didnt allign
And the ecu power cords werent long enough so i have to screw my own holes

·
Registered
25 Posts
i build a better one lol , Glad I read this thread because the link provided of the guy also doing a CAI also has the same results as mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts