My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the K&N cold air intake yesterday and couldn’t be happier! Not much of a noticeable power increase but it sounds great. Considerably louder especially at 4500RPM but it makes driving really fun and hard to not step on the gas a little! The kit I ordered (77-1565KS) was made for the 2015-16 renegade but it fits pretty much like a charm. Only problems were missing one bolt, and the crank case vent hose was much too wide to fit on the part supplied. The instructions are a little vague but It only took around 3 hours total. Both problems were fixed with a trip to Lowes! P.S the correct sticker placement can add an extra 5 horsepower lol IMG_7250.jpg IMG_7249.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hope you tracked mpg prior, tracking now without history wouldn't net the gains. Good job!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope you tracked mpg prior, tracking now without history wouldn't net the gains. Good job!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I pretty much always drive in the city and accelerate fast so my MPG before was around 17.2. After for the day it’s been like 18 Marginal increases at most. Definitely increases the SMILEs per gallon though! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that you've had this for awhile ( I assume) ... How's this intake faring for you now? Still like it? Whats the MPG like? Any increase in acceleration ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that you've had this for awhile ( I assume) ... How's this intake faring for you now? Still like it? Whats the MPG like? Any increase in acceleration ?

I’d say there’s about a 1 MPG increase from what I’ve tracked. Not very big. Throttle response seems a lot better and mild increases in acceleration at 3k ish rpms are noticeable but so is the sound.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any noticeable increase of engine noise in the cabin?

Yes it’s louder and deeper in general including in the car. I find it fun like a little go kart but it’s definitely louder in cabin especially at like 5k rpms+ you can almost feel the sound resonating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just added this same intake to my my 2017 Compass. I had an issue with the hose that attaches to the K&N supplied elbow. The hose is too large to secure from being stretched by the original attachment, so I cut it to secure to the elbow. I should have used a fresh blade box cutter, but since I didn't, I ended up splitting the hose. New "air tube" can be purchased here, Air Tube - Mopar (68247360AA) | TascaParts.com, if you are stupid like me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2019 compass sport 4x4 6 speed manual
83 Posts
I got an AEM intake, I didn’t have to do any modifications for installation.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got an AEM intake, I didn’t have to do any modifications for installation.
To be honest this is where I am leaning as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts