Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any info for us?
lol yes i wanted to do 2 full tanks of gas one with hard driving and the other with light driving to compare, hopefully i'll have some results by Friday.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have my results tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok here are the results.

Stock Filter
Aggressive Driving 25.6 MPG
with light driving 26.7 MPG

K&N Air Filter
Aggressive driving 26.7 MPG
light driving 27.5 MPG

about 1 extra MPG all around, but ill take it. As far as performance, its VERY difficult to tell with CVT BUT on the highway when i floor the car, the acceleration felt slightly better. When i get the new exhaust next month ill post more info on the MPGs.

Just as a side note there are things you can do to improve your gas mileage on ANY car

1. All cars waste alot of gas when you have to start moving from a complete stop (Newton's Law: An object at rest stays at rest). One of things i do for example, say your are approaching a red light. Rather than stopping at the light, slow down the car enough so that when you reach the red light it has hopefully become green. This way the car never has a chance to come to a complete stop.

2. Don't accelerate uphill. Your already using more gas going uphill, if you are accelerating uphill you'll use even MORE gas. Keep the car at a steady speed.

3. Now the next one i will NOT take ANY responsibility for and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I try not to come to a complete stop at stop signs (when i am the only one there), i slow down to 1 mph. If a police officer sees you not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign ..HE WILL GIVE YOU A TICKET. SO you have been warned. Just with those three techniques, my nissan truck (not the compass) went from 235 miles on a full tank of gas to 290 miles!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts