My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
You might have some luck in calling around to dealers to see if they have a demo in stock because odds are some high volume selling dealers will. As far as I know that's your best bet for getting real feedback. If you find one and check it out for yourself let us know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one dealer I spoke with didn't have any on hand (that they knew of) to show. I was able to get a decent quote to purchase it. I believe this might be a new-ish product too so maybe in time they'll show up at some dealerships. I'll report back if I find any information.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The one dealer I spoke with didn't have any on hand (that they knew of) to show. I was able to get a decent quote to purchase it. I believe this might be a new-ish product too so maybe in time they'll show up at some dealerships. I'll report back if I find any information.
Any chance they told you what color that part # was?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they didn't tell me the color. The store lists 4 items. katzkin deluxe (installed/ not installed) and tuscany (installed/ not installed). The website just says "Dealers, refer to the Additional Section of the Databook for color, logos, pattern selection and more." I assumed it would be similar to the leather in the limited model, but that comes in either black or black/ski gray inserts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, they didn't tell me the color. The store lists 4 items. katzkin deluxe (installed/ not installed) and tuscany (installed/ not installed). The website just says "Dealers, refer to the Additional Section of the Databook for color, logos, pattern selection and more." I assumed it would be similar to the leather in the limited model, but that comes in either black or black/ski gray inserts.
Well my dealer gave me a good deal so I bit the dust and ordered the self-install deluxe.

As to colors you have about 40 different options to choose from. I chose the two tone black wrap with sandstone inserts, sandstone contrast stitching with a sandstone Jeep logo on all the headrests (You can apparently only get the Jeep logo if ordered directly from the dealership) for my Sport. I should have them in a week and update everyone. I might even do some install videos.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well my dealer gave me a good deal so I bit the dust and ordered the self-install deluxe.

As to colors you have about 40 different options to choose from. I chose the two tone black wrap with sandstone inserts, sandstone contrast stitching with a sandstone Jeep logo on all the headrests (You can apparently only get the Jeep logo if ordered directly from the dealership) for my Sport. I should have them in a week and update everyone. I might even do some install videos.
I personally hate leather seats so I won't be doing this, but I'm very interested to see how they look once installed. Katzkin has been around forever. I remember them from my 'tuner days' when people would buy them for their Hondas.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I personally hate leather seats so I won't be doing this, but I'm very interested to see how they look once installed. Katzkin has been around forever. I remember them from my 'tuner days' when people would buy them for their Hondas.
Mopar has had a long partnership with katzkin, even back in the neon days. But if people are looking for quality seat covers, wetokole.com has some (look up renegade) but they're pricey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks sweet, Kinda wish my TH had the two tone leather, Mine is black with TH lettering in red on backrest

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The one dealer I spoke with was reluctant to sell the customer self install kit. If I were to order it elsewhere, I'm curious what you would get if you order #LRMP0172DU.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The one dealer I spoke with was reluctant to sell the customer self install kit. If I were to order it elsewhere, I'm curious what you would get if you order #LRMP0172DU.
Exactly the same as the installed kit, minus the install. I still havent had time to install the drivers seat but It's worth it to get the install I think. If you do it yourself you need hog ring clips, hog pliers and plastic trim removal tools. I was going to do a write up but plenty of youtube videos on the process exist already which does not significantly differ for our Compass. If you can't figure it out you probably shouldn't be messing with it considering it requires removal of side airbags.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts