My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had bestbuy install the kenwood kiv bt900 in my jeep compass. I'm trying to see if I should go back to best buy as the radio looks a little off inside the single din kit. Can you take a look at the picture attached and let me know what you think. Maybe I'm just paranoid :).

Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi guys,

I had bestbuy install the kenwood kiv bt900 in my jeep compass. I'm trying to see if I should go back to best buy as the radio looks a little off inside the single din kit. Can you take a look at the picture attached and let me know what you think. Maybe I'm just paranoid :).

Thanks...
I think yes, there is little inside (maybe more than little). Check if your kit fits your compass.
there is another treath with a guy that just install a stereo like you and it fits properly. will find the post and send you.

regards,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Should look similar to this (check metraonline.com for fit):

Regards,

William

:wjeep:

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks like you have the right kit, the one Wojeda shows is for the older dash (pre-09)

Looks like your stereo has 2 screws or something underneath that are pushing down on the lower divider, bending it - maybe pull it out to see if you can cut the plastic? Or maybe there's nothing there and it's a bad angle in the photo?

Will be hard to remove that bend though now... if its not too strong you could use double sided pads to pull it closer to the stereo

Or you could take it back to BestBuy and complain!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dear friend,
Di you notice an improvement in sound quality over the stock head unit? How easy or difficult was it to install? Do you still have the remote control capability from the steering wheel? Did you change any of your speakers? Did you have the Boston upgraded system with subwoofer? Sorry to ask too many things. Just curious as I have done some mods on my system except for the head unit.

tks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear friend,
Di you notice an improvement in sound quality over the stock head unit? How easy or difficult was it to install? Do you still have the remote control capability from the steering wheel? Did you change any of your speakers? Did you have the Boston upgraded system with subwoofer? Sorry to ask too many things. Just curious as I have done some mods on my system except for the head unit.

tks
I def hear an improvement in sound quality with the new head unit. But maybe it's because of the internal amp from mosfet that is inside this radio. I had bestbuy install it for me so wouldn't know hands on. The only thing that sucks is the radio harness for this particular car is expensive for aftermarket radios. It was 79.99. My car didn't come with remote control in the steering wheel. But this particular head unit does support that functionality. I haven't changed the speakers yet. But I would like to in near future. Don't have Boston upgraded system or subwoofer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks like that wire jockey just jammed that **** in there or the kits hitting the mounting box for the old radio. id make them redo it. I wouldnt have left with it looking like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts