My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi fellow jeep owner, I'm having a problem programming my 2008 compass Rally edition jeep key. I'm following the owners manual to the letter and it wont work. After I remove the first working key and stick the second working key to the ON position I'm suppose to wait a few seconds until I see a light and hear a chime. That's the problem after 10 seconds nothing shows up, no light or chime. The two working keys that I'm using don't have the Jeep emblem on them could that be the problem, that they're not originals? I'm through guessing I got a headache and I'm going bald, please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have read on some other forums, that for some unknown reason, sometimes the chime will not sound.

If you follow the owner's manual directions and the correct time sequences for key programming, even if the chime does not sound, the third key should program.

Also, is your third key an imported key or a Made in the USA key? There have been some known issues with some of the imported replacement keys.

Look for Made in the USA replacement transponder keys. Just Google: "jeep compass transponder key USA"

This place has reasonable key prices:

Jeep Transponder Keys for Sale

Mabar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts