My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

First post here. I am getting some knocking sounds that coincides with the rotation of the wheel when i come to a stop on my 2012 Jeep compass and I was hoping someone could help.

The recent repairs done are as follows:

February - New Brake pads. Front and back
April - all 4 new tires. (One size up from factory) alignment, balance etc.
- New air filter, new spark plugs
May - all new 4 rotors.

Now I get knocking when i am stopping - coming from the front, only sometimes. Shaky steering wheel at high speeds.

What I know is wrong: Rear struts are bad, will be replaced Friday, rear rotors are warping, will be resurfaced Friday. Power steering pump is leaking.

Please let me know what you think

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to my own issue in hope it can help others. I took it to the mechanic. Knocking sound was from warping of front driver side rotor and rear passenger side rotor. Apparently the rotors that autozone sells are not that great. Instead of using the OEM rotors I got the step above made by autozone. I do not recommend them.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A signature helps with location etc but I know the OEM rotors rust easily. Especially if the vehicle sits for a while. I am going to put on Zinc plated rotors all the way round shorty. The rust is killing the pads and noise has taken over as well from the irregular wearing.

I am in Canada as per my signature but. No rotors should be that bad as you got.

Unbelievable. I'd take it up with the parts manager.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts