My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 Jeep Compass sport 2.4L L4 6 speed automatic transmission.
Can someone please help me or steer me in a direction my compass has about a 120k on her I’m have issues with like a hesitation/lagging/ rough jerking when going out of 2nd gear into 3rd gear is when it’s noticeably worse and into 4 I’ve taken it to a dealership they couldn’t tell me nothing cause no codes which I think there being lazy (my opinion).. then took it to a local mechanic and said the same thing but said to start with a fluid flush which I’ve done twice. Problem still there so replace a throttle body and sensor nope nothing still happens so replaced air filter and MAFS problem still there so decided to replace accelerator pedal sensor. Nope again problem still there haha. I’ve done fuel injection cleaner and I use premium gas only so I’m clueless onto what’s wrong and why it’s still happening so is anyone on here has had this issue/problem and knows what it is or could be please help me out. The other things I can think of would be clogged catalytic converter or maybe fuel pump or a tune up.. so any answers y’all thanks..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem with my 2017 compass and the dealership couldn't figure it out. The transmission did the same thing on 2nd to 3rd gear. I didn't do all the things you did. After going to 2 different dealerships, which no luck. I gave up and traded the compass in for a different vehicle. What also did it in was the fact it was burning oil and I only had 11,000 miles. I bought it brand new, very disappointed in the Quality. I know my reply doesn't help, but just wanted to let you know, you're not alone.

Can someone please help me or steer me in a direction my compass has about a 120k on her I’m have issues with like a hesitation/lagging/ rough jerking when going out of 2nd gear into 3rd gear is when it’s noticeably worse and into 4 I’ve taken it to a dealership they couldn’t tell me nothing cause no codes which I think there being lazy (my opinion).. then took it to a local mechanic and said the same thing but said to start with a fluid flush which I’ve done twice. Problem still there so replace a throttle body and sensor nope nothing still happens so replaced air filter and MAFS problem still there so decided to replace accelerator pedal sensor. Nope again problem still there haha. I’ve done fuel injection cleaner and I use premium gas only so I’m clueless onto what’s wrong and why it’s still happening so is anyone on here has had this issue/problem and knows what it is or could be please help me out. The other things I can think of would be clogged catalytic converter or maybe fuel pump or a tune up.. so any answers y’all thanks..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I had the same problem with my 2017 compass and the dealership couldn't figure it out. The transmission did the same thing on 2nd to 3rd gear. I didn't do all the things you did. After going to 2 different dealerships, which no luck. I gave up and traded the compass in for a different vehicle. What also did it in was the fact it was burning oil and I only had 11,000 miles. I bought it brand new, very disappointed in the Quality. I know my reply doesn't help, but just wanted to let you know, you're not alone.
Haha. Thanks for the reply and that assures me I’ve waisted my money on this car. Ha ha … I thought it was a steal for the vehicle and price that I paid for it. Being my sons first car an all I got 6 more months to get it figured out. So hopefully someone can guid me in the right direction before I drop 8-900 buck on a catalytic converter.. but thanks though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone is reading this post I found the culprit and upsets me to the core jk. But for real 4 spark plugs REALLY!!!! That’s what I ended up doing was giving it a tune up and fixed the problem so heads up y’all if your compass is having this issue check your spark plugs and go from there later…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts