My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes. A number of people have gone to that size of tire.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, I wanted a little wider stance. Helps Handel better in the corners now. I haven’t noticed any adverse affects.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also went with that size tire 225/65R17 with no problem. But my Compass is the Trailhawk
model so I went with Pirelli's Scorpion All Terrain Plus Because these were the lightest Tires
of all that I looked at. I really love the look of the tire and the way they preform on and off road.
I think because the weight of these tires, It make them the perfect fit for a Compass.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also went with that size tire 225/65R17 with no problem. But my Compass is the Trailhawk
model so I went with Pirelli's Scorpion All Terrain Plus Because these were the lightest Tires
of all that I looked at. I really love the look of the tire and the way they preform on and off road.
I think because the weight of these tires, It make them the perfect fit for a Compass.
Great thanks for the info, trying decide now between the Toyo Open Country AT3 or Falken Wildpeak AT Trail.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might look at 235/60’s as well.

Here’s a fun game:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess my next question out there to everyone is will a 235/65 17 open county at3 fit with the stock wheels and no lift and no rubbing????

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think many here could have predicted that question. It’s like a right of passage. The short answer is no..
The Longer- You would need something like a 25mm offset, Through rims or spacers, and then it might still rub a bit. It’s for those who really want it, and are willing to play the games to get there. That being said, some on here have that size, and I love the way it looks.
I’m currently pondering the best choice for the beach, and the 235/60 is just a no brainer. Plus, I can’t have my wife turn the wheel to the lock and rip the fender well out. :rolleyes:
Im leaning toward the A/T Trail also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL well at least I did not disappoint....tough choice 225/65 is a bit taller and the 235/65 is a bit wider. Tall and thinner better in the snow. I do think I am leaning towards the Toyo Open County AT 3, seems to have a nicer beefer look then the Wilkpeak AT Trail. Picking up the truck on Monday and I will let everyone what I decided and also some photos.. Thanks for input it is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don’t be fooled by online “Renderings” of the Wildpeak tire. It’s pretty tuff looking in person. They got good reviews all over too. If you’re spending all that money, maybe stop by a dealer to look and touch. That’s how I roll. These days I’m often let down by stuff that I buy online, when it shows up looking nothing like the picture. Sometimes Mavis has them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts