My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Realized a couple months ago that there was water leaking from my center dome light in the front of my 07 compass...I'm assuming it originated from a leaking sunroof because I don't see where else the water could have come from. Took it back to the dealer because it was under a temporary 3-month warranty, and the said there was a service bulletin for this issue. Their solution - installing drains to run down both sides of the roof from what I believe was the frame of the compass running between the front windshield and the driver/passenger windshields. Well guess what - it failed.

Just went through a few days of hard rain and sure enough, when I went to take off this morning, the dome light was taking a piss. I was furious - any ideas as to where/how this could be happening? I know it's tough to see without pics, but I swear everything looks normal...gonna take another look within the next few days to make sure nothing's obvious but I really don't think I'd be that lucky.

Also, going to take off the wind deflector I have on my sunroof - maybe it's pooling the water on the weatherstrip around the sunroof...please let me know if you have any other similar problems/solutions. thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sunroof leak

So - have you removed that stupid deflector?
Thats what did it to my car.
It allowed leaves and shmutz to collect and fall into the channels, ultimately blocking the drains.
Water from he dome light is so friggin distracting.
Anyway my dealer's body shop unblocked the drains and also removed the seats and carpets - had the carpets and under padding in the sun to dry for over a day.
hope your problem is resolved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortuntely it hasn't been fixed yet - i had taken it a couple months back for drain installation/drainage for a service bulletin they supposedly fixed. but it never got fixed. still am waiting to get it back to them - have been incredibly busy, but i did experiment and take off the deflector and oddly enough, it actually made the leaking worse and more pertinent on small rainstorms - talk about annoying. will update once i *hopefully* figure it out/get it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts