My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry to say this but i might be leaving the jeep compass family :(

yesterday it rained horribly and my compass hydroplaned me and my girlfriend across a bridge nearly over the ting before i tried to over correct and go to the other side of the bridge to lessen the impact as to not go over the bridge. we made it with some bruises, sorenesss, and some mild pain. but my poor compass is toast. front end destroyed engine messed up, both rear tie rods down, tires ripped off crumpling my rims...

i am unsure if i will just go with the 2011 compass or some other model but i will remain with jeep.

i am going to the dealership tomorrow to check out what they have. any suggestions? lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
im sorry to say this but i might be leaving the jeep compass family :(

yesterday it rained horribly and my compass hydroplaned me and my girlfriend across a bridge nearly over the ting before i tried to over correct and go to the other side of the bridge to lessen the impact as to not go over the bridge. we made it with some bruises, sorenesss, and some mild pain. but my poor compass is toast. front end destroyed engine messed up, both rear tie rods down, tires ripped off crumpling my rims...

i am unsure if i will just go with the 2011 compass or some other model but i will remain with jeep.

i am going to the dealership tomorrow to check out what they have. any suggestions? lol

glad to hear you guys are ok! any pictures of how it looks?

·
Registered
339 Posts
glad to hear you're okay.

if you liked your older compass, you'll love the newer ones. you won't be dissapointed. i didn't like the older body style at all, but fell in love with the new one. my wife drives it, but whenever we go somewhere together, she just walks over to the passenger side, because she knows i'm taking over lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good to hear you're OK

Good to hear that you guys are OK. Check out the 2011 Compass. We have one with 4WD and it handles great. On our recent trip out to the High Plains we ran into some gully-washers and with the 4WD engaged our Compass got us out of some predicaments.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident but glad that you weren't terribly injured.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your accident but really glad to hear you both are ok!

- Cherokee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts