My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried swapping out the incandescent taillight housings for the new style LED ones? The outer housings look to have the same connectors, but I'm not sure about the inner ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They don't look the same shape? Doubt they would fit

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
They are both parts of the same tailight, it's just the pictures that don't match the bigger one is the part that is on the car and the smaller one is the part on the trunk door (the picture should be flipped to match with it's pair)

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Have not looked into it, seems easier to swap in some quality LED bulbs but I don't mind the stock taillights.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was going to get the wiring diagrams to see what differences there are, but i still haven't gotten around to it. The lights on the tailgate don't light up on 2017 and 18 compasses, except reverse, so wiring may not even be there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to get the wiring diagrams to see what differences there are, but i still haven't gotten around to it. The lights on the tailgate don't light up on 2017 and 18 compasses, except reverse, so wiring may not even be there.
I was thinking about this as well. Do you know how the tailgate light housings come out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts