My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with LED headlights in the bi-halogen headlights of the 2nd Gen Compass.

I have the limited version so the bulbtype is not mentioned in the manual! (Which made me buy H11 first) After dismantling the cap and bulb, i found out it is HB3/9005.

So i went to AliExpress, and found these S&L gold headlight bulbs for about €20.
After 3 weeks of waiting they finally arrive and i can start installing.

Oh boy, it was a struggle! These headlights are between so much stuff its a pain to get to them from the hood. So i decided to go from the wheels. It still wasnt all that easy but i finally managed to get them in.
First i was worried these wouldnt fit in the tiny space you have but they fit in perfectly and i could still fit the cap back on.

I tried them and untill now i have had 0 issues with canbus errors or anything. (Same with the Drl lights)

I have added some pictures so you can see how they look. Im happy with them, eventhough the light image is not perfect! I think HID's would be the only thing solving that problem.

Kind regards,
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small update: After driving them for a while in dark roads, i noticed my beam pattern is slightly to the right. Which annoys me alot!

So i tried adjusting the lights itself but i cant get the LED's out anymore! They are so stuck, i cant turn them anymore to unlock them.

Anyone has any ideas what i can do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) have been replacing incandescent bulbs as original equipment on new vehicles... Visit to give a try ledoutfitters.com

·
Registered
181 Posts
Small update: After driving them for a while in dark roads, i noticed my beam pattern is slightly to the right. Which annoys me alot!

So i tried adjusting the lights itself but i cant get the LED's out anymore! They are so stuck, i cant turn them anymore to unlock them.

Anyone has any ideas what i can do?
They go in very tight. from the top take off the cover over the lights. It is just clips that you can release with a flat head. Also, what i figured out over a couple different LED conversations you can't go cheap on these blubs they are not created equal. I exclusively use these guys: lasfit.com on both of my cars now below vvvvv

good quality stuff and customer service have returned/swapped many things without a problem. you can search there stuff on eBay.

Anyway, enough of my gushing of products I trust. After you get that cover off if your still having problems with twisting it out get a jar opener-nonslip grip can work wonders.

Does this LED unit have a fan or heat disperse tech on it? If it doesn't then you might warpped the housing from the heat of the LED... hope that is not the case :(

Good luck let me know how it goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts