My Jeep Compass Forum banner

LED Light bars

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Shuto Compass Limited 
#1 ·
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive parking light Sky

So I ordered this pair of 8” Rough Country led’s. Mounted them at the end of my hood. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM and the placement. I am so happy with them!!

See less See more
#14 ·
Those look great, good call! Glad I came across this thread, I just grabbed some work and spot lights and am considering doing the wiring myself. Any tips on going through the firewall?

I'm also thinking of going with one of the multi light gang switches, and have seen some pretty good deals on Amazon and Aliexpress. Just haven't come across one that doesn't seem too clunky and also seems reliable (there are a handful of pretty slick models I've seen, but they all seem to be fairly new with little to no reviews). But with the lightbar that came worked into the bull bar I bought, a set of two 7" work lights, and a set of four 3" work light with DLR halos, I think a gang switch boxes is the only way to go to keep it looking clean. These are the abovementioned lights for anyone interested:

Vanguard Optimus Bull Bar with Lightbar
7D Lens 3 Inch Waterproof Round LED Angel Eyes Lights
12V 24V Working Light 7 Inch Round Led Work Light

Those Nilight brackets you linked look pretty solid, especially since they require zero drilling. Any worries about theft though? I still need to figure out brackets for the lights I ordered and would really like to find some that are either theft-proof or at the very least will make someone really work for them (and hopefully buy time for someone to notice the douchebaggery in progress). Sadly the occurrence of that kind of petty theft from vehicles has become something of an issue where I live apparently. And not only for low hanging fruit like these lights, but catalytic converters have become a hot target recently (of all things, lol).

#15 · (Edited)
Thank you! Post a pic of your lights!

I do worry they’ll get stolen, I’ve thought of getting the bolts tack welded 🤷🏻‍♂️ Sucks to have to worry about stuff like your cat converter getting stolen

Only issue was the sprayers were blocked by the lights, so I had to widen them out a bit.

once I get more lights I’ll look into one of those switches. I want a pair of RC pods with DRLs.

as for the wiring into the cab, I had to run the wiring through the driver side fender and into an opening in the body itself. That was the hardest part

#16 ·
Added a 20' nilight light bar ( from amazon with wiring harness and fuses) to my push bar which I got from omacusa. Rocker switch is wired to just under headlight control dial. Just added a yakima offgrid premium basket and doing a 2" rough country lift next week. Push bar came with pre drilled holes for light bar which was nice but had to do a bit of custom work in order to mount license plate to bar. Light bar works beautifully tho

2021 jeep compass 80th anniversary edition

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Where did you buy them, and was it hard to install them? I have a similar vehicle, and I use it off-road. I have recently bought some LED headlights from https://www.vont.com/product/vont-car-smart-strip-light/, and it increased the visibility while driving in the forests or camps at night. I have seen many people driving off-road with such LED bars for illuminating the road, so I am also interested in buying them. Unfortunately, there are too many options on the marketplace, and I can't choose something because I don't know which is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.