My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these up at canadian tire, red LED brake light bulbs and blue LED license plate bulbs.

the tail light bulbs are a bit directional, they focus alot of the light directly behind and dont light up the houseing the same as the factory bulbs. for me this is ok as im going with the putco covers (painted black of course) and they hide the dim lit parts of the taillight due to the LED bulbs. i highly reccomend the license plate bulbs they give a much better look than the regular bulbs. as you can see in the pictures its not a deep blue light just a really nice clean blue touch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
next weekend i think im gonna get the blue 3157 LED bulbs for my backup lights, and hope the color is the same as the license plate bulbs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you Mowgli, i wired them in with the dash lights, they came with a on/off/music switch with a sensitivity dial for the music setting, only used 7 of the lights. 2 in each footwell, 1 under each seat, and one in the frontside of the center armrest, there is a plate that pops off and i mounted the light in the sunken hole. i also have a set of red led's same brand ill post pictures of my creation with those when its done.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Those look great Shecky, I really like the blue LED's! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the red ones! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx cherokee, i was test fitting the red ones last night with a co worker. im going for a glowing red grill and lower bumper section. with the same intent as the interior ones, to have the lights hidden and just show the glow.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice idea, I've seen some cool ones done that way, some with lights in the engine bay, too! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres some dome light LED's, waiting for my rear one to arrive but its cool you can see the huge difference between the led and the original bulb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shecky - I really like the led dome light! Where'd you find that?! and how'd your read light come out? Do you think the interior looks better at night with led?

i'd like to change out all of mine, but hesitate a little bit... how's it working out for you?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the dome light is from Canadian tire, tonight i finally got my second one for the rear. the interior is so much brighter with these lights, they are well worth the money

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm really interested in doing this exact thing. LED dome lights and the blue footlights. I'm on the Canadian Tire website but I can't seem to find them. Did you go to the store to get them?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe the blue lights are discontinued now. And it's getting hard to find the 24 led dome light. I think it's being replaced by a 20 light version

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You could do this with any type of led lights. Might be better with a led strip in each footwell. Also eBay has a bunch of different led panel lights that you could use for the domes. Don't give up lol

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow those are bright, no problem seeing at night now!

- Cherokee

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.