My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my Auxito LED headlights (high beam, low beam) as well as the fog, which is the same as the low beam.
Just thought I would pass along the experience.
I found on another post to use this brand for the sake of physical size and NO issues, as in flickering , and staying dim etc, etc.
Biggest "problem" is room. There is a brace behind the housing that the You Tubers kind of forget to mention, as well as having to remove the airbox cover.
DSCN1335.JPG DSCN1336.JPG

As you can see I did manage to get the old bulb removed, and position the new one, but unable to rotate into a locked position. Since I was tired of inflicting pain on myself. DSCN1342.JPG I decided to attempt to remove the brace itself, but since the bolts holding it are on the opposite side DSCN1339.JPG I had to remove the core support cover by removing a number of the plastic push rivets. DSCN1337.JPG .....Don't bother, since access is still denied DSCN1340.JPG Grrrrr! So back to inflicting pain on myself DSCN1342.JPG to finish the job.

I can't imagine attempting to replace a standard halogen without touching the glass with the lack of slack in the wiring, and room to install. Needless to say what a PITA!! and my hands for that matter.

Haven't done the fogs yet, didn't feel like accessing the wheel well just yet.........Hmmm, maybe I will, since I have feeling back in my hands, lol

I have to say, I am very happy with the turnout. DSCN1343.JPG DSCN1344.JPG I just need some darkness to see how they really look.??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Book time to replace is 1.4 hours with HID... (1.3 without) looks like they meant to have the housing removed to change the bulbs..

To pull housing, remove upper trim under hood. 4 screws total and an electrical connector once the trim is off...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well hopefully these things last for a while, and I won't have to indulge into disassembly of my headlight housings. Thanks for the alternative method.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The LED bulbs usually have a removable lock ring that makes it easier to install. I too had the same loss of skin from a previous attempt to swap out the stock bulbs with some over priced bulbs from Auto Zone. I bought the LED bulbs from CLDLED.com and once I removed the lock ring, I put it on my finger, and was able to install it easily. Then all you have to do is slide the bulb in and twist until it locks in place much easier this way.
I bought a cheaper brand off Amazon for my old Canyon and they have the same feature, but are damn near impossible to remove the lock ring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts