My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up an 07' Compass Sport on Tuesday night after trading my ol faithful 06' Ford Fusion SE...

Wednesday I added a set of 20" CX Wheels Model 815 wrapped in Falken Low Pro tires.

Saturday 15% tint goes on the entire vehicle, then I will move on to the Audio Modification side, adding a Pioneer P3200DVD and possibly some Subwoofers, but there really isnt much room in the rear cargo area to begin with I dont know if I will take up space with subwoofers or just make some tweeks in the factory audio itself. I am also going to do some sort of exhaust system and a CAI later down the road and some minor engine compartment modifications just for some looks.

I will keep you all updated on progress of the Compass and as soon as I am able I will post some piks.

Have a blessed day

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice mod list! You should use this thread to do your mod log with some how-to's and pics so we can follow your progress, but be sure to keep us posted because modding gets to be addictive! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice choice! What kind of exhaust setup are you looking to do?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am leaning towards a Borla set-up, but I'd first have to have some type of sound clip because I don't want that ricey tone outta the ol 2.4 so I am still up in the air on the exhaust system as of yet.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yep, definitely don't want it sounding like a ricer lol! I'm gonna have to check and see what I can find for sound clips, don't imagine there's many for the Compass, though, seems some are just coming into modding it.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have searched all my possiblilities online that I know of for sound clips & like you said none seem readily available for a listen as of yet.. Seems modification of the Compass isnt to popular as of yet, but hopefully something will pop up somewhere before I waste money on something I dont like..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Decided I wanted to add something to the Jeep since I have been slacking with it lately in the modification area, so I added some Black Reflective lettering to the rear bumper to spruce it up a tad.

I am also in the process of trying to sell the 20's... I am not particularly happy with em so I am gonna sell em off and put a set of R/T Caliber wheels on instead.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Any pics of your rear bumper? I'd like to see what the lettering looks like.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any pics of your rear bumper? I'd like to see what the lettering looks like.

- Cherokee
Yea, I have a pik of the lettering. Here ya go bud

**After seeing this pik, I do notice that the Muffler looks terrible & I will be taking care of this issue pronto!**

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've seen those letter inserts and was thinking of white having the cherry red colour and all. But with all the Compass problems I did not want to advertise the Compass name and Jeep is only one visible from a distance. Since this and all the others share the same suspension and power train as the Calibre its derived from with Compass, Patriot skins and interiors. The calibre as available as a 4x4 for a while. I guess until the Compass came around they dropped the option of them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The muffler issue has been addressed for the time being until I get my Borla Boomer and figure out a way to modify the tip to work on the Compass...

No pik's it was simply some Black Spray Bomb to correct, I am sure you've all seen something similar to this in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That lettering looks sweet, I really like the contrast there! And yeah, that would have been my suggestion to ya, too, the black muffler mod. :)

- Cherokee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts