My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I did a search and found the reverse of my problem but not the answer I need so.................................... I bought my 2010 Jeep Compass in W.V. where only a rear plate is required, I now have moved back home to Texas where a front license plate is also required. As I look at the front bumper I see 2 dimples or depressions in the correct area but no holes. My question is: The metal part of the actual bumper is directly underneath this plastic bumper trim area, Do you drill here? If so, are there predrilled and threaded holes in the actual metal bumper??

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have front and back license plates here in Minnesota. I can't help you with the plate installation as my dealer put them on. However, I just had my rear bumper repaired as we were recently re-ended while sitting at a red light (in our 7 week old 2010 Compass). I do know that there should be a styrofoam between the actual bumper and the bumper cover.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeppers

Get a screw kit for the plate. There is a screw and plastic receptacle for each side. Just make the hole in the dimple and insert the plastic and screw on the plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts