My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Lifetime Warranty

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  vertigosrs 
#1 ·
Has anyone else purchased the Lifetime Warranty ?.

#3 ·
I didn't purchase it, but for having had to wait to take delivery due to the airbag recall, FCA said they would upgrade my standard warranty to a 10-year, and then it turned out to be a lifetime, full coverage warranty. So as long as as they don't try to do a lemon law buyback, I probably won't be selling my Compass for a long, long time.

That said, they say it's better to save the $ you'd spend on an extended warranty and set it aside or invest for when you'll need to do repairs. This is Jeep, though... knowing what I know now I'm very glad I have full coverage. I'm sure I'll be using it down the road.

#5 ·
The dealer I purchased from provides a "free" lifetime powertrain warranty as long as oil changes/standard maintenance is done by them. I can still do brakes/tires/etc on my own. I'll be interested to see how that works out if I actually need to use it, but they've been around for a while so hopefully they will honor it without hassle if the need arises.

#6 ·
Yeah that would probably be something non-corporate that just your dealership is offering, so whatever the terms are will likely differ from anyone else who bought one at one of those dealers who do the lifetime powertrain warranty thing. Its not completely worthless but its mostly a gimmick (the free ones, anyways), there is enough language in the contract for them to weasel out of anything they don't want to pay for. I had a complimentary "lifetime" powertrain warranty on a Nissan once but the limitations were numerous, nothing that actually goes out commonly like the starter or the alternator were covered, just bogus things that tend to last the life of the car like the "cylinder block", "torque converter", "intake manifold", etc. Pretty much useless outside of picking a catastrophically cursed lemon.

#7 ·
No there is a Corporate Lifetime exclusionary warranty. I got email about this for like 3 months after I bought it from FCA themselves. I have been half way tempted to call in and see what the pricing is as from them it's supposedly a lot cheaper than getting it at the dealer. Honestly if its good enough and cheap enough I might pick it up just to see if I can push this car into being my winter beater after I have it payed off. It staying under warranty would help that.

#8 ·
I think that is the same as we are looking at. It is around $2,700 with a $200 deductible per visit for the life of the vehicle. You can choose other deductibles but cost goes up $200 looks like a sweet spot. I was looking at what is covered and was impressed it looks to pretty much cover everything covered in the new car warranty.

Only thing I have seen as far as keeping the coverage is a FCA sevice department check-up every 5 years I think it is. Heck of a deal if your going to keep your Jeep long term.

#11 ·
Lifetime engine warranty

I purchased my 2014 Jeep Compass from Auto Lenders. It comes with an engine lifetime warranty. Just need to show receipts for oil changes in case of an engine failure. No problem since I use only synthetic oil and ALWAYS change my oil @ 3000 miles.grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.