My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in putting some bigger tires on my compass, i have some 33" tires id love to see on there but they barley fit in the wheel well as is. my question is, has anyone lifted their compass yet? my concern, besides cost is, will the 2.4L engine going to have trouble pulling with tires that size on? and also does anyone know about how much that would cost me? i have been looking and i haven't seen one lifted compass... i figured someone would have done it by now but i got nothing... i saw some really cool pictures of beefed up patriots, but i always liked the compass better, any advice would be greatly appreciated
johnjeep

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I have a compass and lifted it 2 1/8" with the rocky-road lift kit and I was able to put on P245/65/17 Wrangler silent armor a/t's and they rub at full turns. Those are as big as you can go. I looked into tires that won't rub and I would go with LT225/70/17 BFG A/T. I am currently however about to install 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers to see if I can resolve the issue. If you would like to know more just ask! Later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldnt recomend anything BIGGER then 235 65 17. Beacuse any eidder and they will rub the rear strut and any taller they will rubmon turning. And my even hit the front fender when turing. Also might hit the strut gaurd in the front. Iv had alot of trial and error with my lifted compass..

Check out my pictures on my page..

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I ever lift mine I'll use 16" rims, should help with getting a good looking tire in those arches!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good luck finding a good looking 16" wheel tho, iv been looking for forever. Going to the delership tho tomorro. They cn get just about anything. Ill put some 225 70 16 BFG AT on them when i do. So i can get my rear spacers takin off. Only had for 2 days but dont trust them no matter the brand. Too many horror stories.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good luck finding a good looking 16" wheel tho, iv been looking for forever. Going to the delership tho tomorro. They cn get just about anything. Ill put some 225 70 16 BFG AT on them when i do. So i can get my rear spacers takin off. Only had for 2 days but dont trust them no matter the brand. Too many horror stories.
Is your Jeep manual or automatic?
I've heard horror stories with transmission issues after a lift...
That's the only point that I am unsure on lifting my Jeep.

·
Registered
339 Posts
these suspensions were not meant to be lifted or stressed in this way. think about it this way: would you feel comfortable lifting a dodge caliber?

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's true but there are A LOT of lifted Patriots out there, on the same suspension

For the 16" rims, that was why I ended up with regular steel winter rims, my local autoshop couldn't offer any good looking black 16" rims that fit the Compass, and the Jeep rims I like off the Liberty (the Keystone ones on the True North version) are real expensive!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is your Jeep manual or automatic?
I've heard horror stories with transmission issues after a lift...
That's the only point that I am unsure on lifting my Jeep.
its auto.

i can't say iv read or heard of such a problem. iv had mine for 4 months with no trouble. if mopar is putting these exact lifts on the moab jeep and the new, soon to be real realeased true north edition i can't see there being an issue with them. mopar is also probably going to offer the lift in their catalogue. the lifts done really effect the suspension or anything, the only thing that i could see effecting anything is tires and their weight?

btw.. does ANY company make a 16" rim for the compass???? i can't find any!.. that i like ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
i like em black tho.. ahaha

·
Registered
60 Posts
and isn't it only the liberty with the same bolt pattern? the wranglers iv seen are all different?..

·
Registered
339 Posts
and isn't it only the liberty with the same bolt pattern? the wranglers iv seen are all different?..
Jeep _ Vehicle Bolt Pattern Reference

2011 Jeep Compass 5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3mm High Positive Offset
2009 Jeep Wrangler 5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3mm Medium Offset
on second look, it claims that in 2010 the wrangler changed its offset, which i don't think is true. i'd recommend more research to back up what i have claimed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
it seems like no one makes a 16" black wheel for this f***n thing lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
it seems like no one makes a 16" black wheel for this f***n thing lol
just get some wheels that would look good in black and have them powder coated black. you have to have the tires dismounted to have a wheel powder coated, so doing it right after you buy them is the easiest way. opens you up to a ton of options as well, because you're not looking at color anymore.

·
Registered
60 Posts
what would the average price to do that be?

fyi: everyone iv talk to about my spacers says to keep them, even all the tire shops and my dealership so ill just probably keep them for a bit and see how they go

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a quote for $120 per rim when I asked, so that was not an option for me!

I found a few wheels I liked through CarID I think it was, but my local shop couldn't get them or were way overpriced!

Keep looking there are some out there, problem is most websites think the Compass can't run 16's so it's not a search option! :(

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just remembered I searched for Patriot wheels as it allowed for 16's to be selected, here's an example - have you looked here?

2011 Jeep Patriot 16 Inch Rims | Custom 16 Wheels
ahhh now i have to back track because companys don't realize that the patriot are the exact same thing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts