My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2017 Jeep Compass is haunted I think. The knob to select lights on vehicle randomly switches itself from automatic to other settings.

·
Registered
927 Posts
With me I've found I am **somehow** smacking the knob with my knee when I get into the car. No, I don't know how I manage to do this, many times I don't even feel that I did it, but that is definitely what has happened to me many times, especially when I am in a hurry. I know at least one other forum member here has said they have done the same thing with their knee. It is a pretty compact car with a deep floor pan to lift your leg into.

·
Registered
398 Posts
With me I've found I am **somehow** smacking the knob with my knee when I get into the car. No, I don't know how I manage to do this, many times I don't even feel that I did it, but that is definitely what has happened to me many times, especially when I am in a hurry. I know at least one other forum member here has said they have done the same thing with their knee. It is a pretty compact car with a deep floor pan to lift your leg into.
This was what I suspected as well. I manage to hit my knee to the knob as well. Although it never turned the knob, I am sure it could very well turn it with the right angle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having same issue, sitting a bit too close to the dashboard and hitting it with my knee when getting in/off the vehicle... took me a couple days to figure out why my light switch was moving from Auto to Off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts