My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the power window switches on the doors light up or is just the drivers switch supposed to light up? It seems odd that the other ones dont... :?:

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's normal, I asked the same thing at the dealership.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Although it seems quite odd that they dont light up and I dont understand what the purpose is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suspect the purpose is cost savings by producing only one switch with a window in it for a light they eliminate the need to produce a switch with no window. Might be a savings of a penny or two per switch but multiply that by a few hundred thousand the pennies had up. Thus the saying about the "penny pinchers in Detroit". Guess they do exist.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I see this kind of thing all the time. Penny pinching... on another site I run http://www.fordf150.net the same topic comes up. Why did Ford remove XYZ? At least in Ford's case they were losing money hand over fist for a loooong time so that makes it somewhat justifiable.

My $.02

·
Registered
1 Posts
Window Switch

I don't mean to step on any toes, especially since I'm a brand new member to the community! However in my 2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4, I bought the car slightly used and it had a missing lock button on the passenger side. Obviously I had to replace it or it would've been annoying me forever. I don't remember what it looked like prior but after replacement the window switch light indicator does stay on while I have lights.
$25 for a OEM replacement and 45min later [due to all the screws inside the door panel/tight fit of the switch module] I'm happy again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts