My Jeep Compass Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went with the auxbeam f16 h11, they fit perfectly behind the dustcap, a lot better than the previous bulbs did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Pics??
Welcome! Haven't seen dawm is a while sadly. What are you looking to replace definitely can point you in the right direction! My whole Compass is now LED converted!

K

·
Registered
183 Posts
Been a lot of questions lately so I wanted to bump this. Let people know what we already tested so people can save money and time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tumbled down this rabbit hole of trying to change all of my girlfriend's Compass lights to LEDs... Please send help.

I've tried Beamtech and Fahren for highbeams, and they don't fit... both issues were the housing--I didn't even bother with the dustcover. I bought the low beams for these brands, they were fine, able to get them in and put the dustcover one but my OCD won't let me keep them.

For the front turn signals, I put on iBrightstar 7443 Switchback LED Bulbs but they didn't do the dual light switching I was hoping for--and they gave the hyper flash error. Returned.

For interiors, I'm currently on Yorkim T10/194/168, but they give the glow--though they turn off after a bit. I don't like them, they'll be returned soon.

I just ordered a full round of Lasfit bulbs for exterior and interior lights, let's see how this goes...

·
Registered
183 Posts
The lasfit will work, it won't do the flashback for the turn signal. Going white and Amber, but it will not give code unless it is a long light then it will give hyper flash. Just like it states on the site when you buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tumbled down this rabbit hole of trying to change all of my girlfriend's Compass lights to LEDs... Please send help.

I've tried Beamtech and Fahren for highbeams, and they don't fit... both issues were the housing--I didn't even bother with the dustcover. I bought the low beams for these brands, they were fine, able to get them in and put the dustcover one but my OCD won't let me keep them.

For the front turn signals, I put on iBrightstar 7443 Switchback LED Bulbs but they didn't do the dual light switching I was hoping for--and they gave the hyper flash error. Returned.

For interiors, I'm currently on Yorkim T10/194/168, but they give the glow--though they turn off after a bit. I don't like them, they'll be returned soon.

I just ordered a full round of Lasfit bulbs for exterior and interior lights, let's see how this goes...
These LasFit bulbs came in, and I have a feeling they won't fit the factory housing--certainly not with the Dustcover. I'll attempt it later today, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna go. Here's a pic of them against the Fahren's that didn't fit:

Anyone have a set of LED bulbs for the Highbeams that fit the original housing, maybe even the dustcover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
These LasFit bulbs came in, and I have a feeling they won't fit the factory housing--certainly not with the Dustcover. I'll attempt it later today, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna go. Here's a pic of them against the Fahren's that didn't fit:
View attachment 13508

Anyone have a set of LED bulbs for the Highbeams that fit the original housing, maybe even the dustcover?
Yeah, they didn't work--not even close. But I did order another set of bulbs that have been closer than everything else. The brand is LED headlight, sold by TINSINCE (looks generic), unfortunately they don't fit with the dustcover. So I suppose we're somewhere in the middle of these options:

[From Left to Right: Lasfit, LED Headlight, Fahren]

IMG_0728.jpeg

[From Left to Right: Lasfit, LED Headlight, Fahren]

I've one more brand coming in the next few days, and I'm hoping for the best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've one more brand coming in the next few days, and I'm hoping for the best!
The next brand is here, AUXITO, and I think they're promising! As you can see by the photos, they're much smaller than the other ones I've previously ordered. And the last photo is it compared to a standard Halogen. Right now, my concern is whether or not, they'll work as advertised with no errors (no flickering)--just because I expected a much larger connector, given the previous ones. but we'll give this a go and I'll report back.

[From Left to Right: Fahren, Lasfit, LED Headlight, AUXITO]

[Compared to a Standard Halogen Bulb]

·
Registered
9 Posts
are you looking for just a color match to the low beams or for better light output??

if you want to just color match maybe try these.
They are the same size as a halogen bulb. Should fit with no problems

i got these in my fog lights. Basically match the halogen bulbs in output. Sometimes the bulbs have that glow after turned off and sometimes they don’t. Other then that they work good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The next brand is here, AUXITO, and I think they're promising! As you can see by the photos, they're much smaller than the other ones I've previously ordered. And the last photo is it compared to a standard Halogen. Right now, my concern is whether or not, they'll work as advertised with no errors (no flickering)--just because I expected a much larger connector, given the previous ones. but we'll give this a go and I'll report back.

These AUXITO bulbs worked out great! I was able to replace both low beams and high beams with them--no issues with the dustcover or anything like that. I also changed out the turn signals and driving lights.

Here's links to everything I've picked up so far:
Low Beam - H11
High Beam - 9005
Driving Light - 2504 PSX24W (does have a LED glow though)
Front Turn Signal - 7443

[After]

[Before]

[As a side note, it's much easier to get to the low beams through the plastic of the wheel well.]

are you looking for just a color match to the low beams or for better light output??
I'm replacing all exteriors with LEDs, but those look promising, though I think they're a tad pricey, no?
If they worked for you, great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, got a "Best offer" in on 2 sets of Auxito H11's and Hopefully winning (the only bid) on a set of 9005's. It'll save me a few bucks from what Amazon wanted.

Thanks for sharing your success story. Just hope they last..............keep the Halogens handy, lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all again, it's been about a week with the Auxito (high, low, fog), and I can back up Mclink12's claim on these LED's. They work quite well, no flickering, no faults, fit behind dust covers, nice and bright, with very little dark spotting (hardly noticeable). Only thing left is longevity. they give you a 2 year warranty...we'll see how that goes.
DSCN1344.JPG DSCN1345.JPG

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lasfit have lower profile bulbs for the high beam. Their normal bulb fits in my low beam. I am looking for a better pattern bulb at the moment. So I'm just using them my fog lights. But they do work in the signal lights and The indicator lights. Nothing works in the full tail lights as of yet because of the weird CANBUS coating back there.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts