My Jeep Compass Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am replacing my exterior lights with LEDs and have been going through all the threads here to plan everything out. I see lots of people recommending the Auxito lights for the turn signals, but are you guys also using load resistors or do they work without? Do the auxitos get the hyper flash error at long turn lights?
I have the Auxito's on my high and low beams. They fit in the housing, have a great pattern and NO warnings on the dash board. I used another brand (can't recall the name) for the DRL and had the dim condition, so I installed and resistor and it resolved that issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your help. I just completed my LED install and wanted to catalog my parts list and experience for other's reference.

Lowbeams: TINSINCE H11, 6000k, 4200 lumens each, $50 total. I was really impressed with the quality of these and length of cable made them easy to install.

DRL: Alla Lighting 2504, 6000k, 1400 lumens each, $17 total. I was impressed with the quality of these.

Fog Lights: Morefulls H11, 6000k, 1500 lumen each. $17 total. I was not super impressed with the quality of these, but they work as intended. I noticed that one of the project lenses on the tip came unscrewed in my hand while installing. Some loctite fixed that quickly.

Interior Dome Lights: JDM ASTAR T10, $10 for 10 pack. Only need 6 of them for interior. My 2019 trailhawk uses a different type of bulb in the vanity mirror and I dont feel like replacing them. These bulbs did not give an afterglow in the front dome lights, but do in the back seat lights. They shut off after a minute or so. Odd, but not noticeable unless looking for it.

Reverse Light: iBrightstar 7443 reverse lights, $16 total. I was impressed with the quality of these.

Total installation was $110 and I am very happy with the brightness, color & quality!

Protips:

To install the fog lights and DRLs, turn your wheels sharply to one side. This will give you much more working room. I also used a screwdriver as a prop to hold the wheel liner back while I worked.

The passenger side lowbeam gave me a little trouble with tight access. I was able to get a little more working room by temporarily removing the air intake filter. There is just three phillips screws holding it, super easy to pull away while working on the headlight.

Also, I saw some people commenting on "LED glow" with their DRL's and foglights. I noticed a VERY minor glow on the ones I used, but it was so dim, you would have to be intentionally looking for it to notice. Also they completely turned off within a minute of shutting the engine off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended going with these for both headlight and fog lights. Output is awesome with beam pattern as the halogen bulb instead of all over the place. Fitment was also great with no dust cover clearance issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0739N7QPD/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_qsN0AbXN2V3W5

And these for the DRLs. Hope the link works since I was unable to load it previously.

Amazon.com: Catinbow LED Fog Light Bulbs PSX24W 2504 High Power 3014-144SMD Auto Fog Light Bulb Replacement 1500LM LED Fog lights DRL White 6000K - 2 Pcs: Automotive
I just purchased the exact same ones as you for my DRL’s and they do not fit ?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts