My Jeep Compass Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are the bulbs I chose and have been installed for about 2.5yrs.

DRL's: SNGL PSX24W 2504 Super Bright CREE LED DRL Fog Light bulbs - Plug-and-Play - 6000K Cool White (Pack of 2) (not available anymore)
Fogs's: Alla Lighting 2800lm Xtreme Super Bright H11 LED Bulbs Fog Light High Illumination COB-72 LED H11 Bulb H8 H16 H11 Fog Lights Lamp Replacement - 6000K

Driver side Fog installed (comparison to passenger side stock):
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

I'm still looking for the DRL comparison picture in my photo library. Will post if I find it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mar 31, 2020

"Hi all again, it's been about a week with the Auxito (high, low, fog), and I can back up Mclink12's claim on these LED's. They work quite well, no flickering, no faults, fit behind dust covers, nice and bright, with very little dark spotting (hardly noticeable). Only thing left is longevity. they give you a 2 year warranty...we'll see how that goes."
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

UPDATE
Well, here I am with my longevity report. Seems, so far to be about 1.5 years at this point. Both of my lows went to partial brightness to nothing within about a month or so of each other, a couple of months go. Then a couple of weeks go, one of my fogs did the same, half brightness. I did replace them with the same knowing they do fit into the housings.

I did find out, if you buy them through Amazon or directly from Auxito, they will honor the warranty. Just have to have proof or purchase, of which I did not have since I purchased the originals through a source on Ebay (eco-auxito), which would NOT honor their supposed 3 year warranty.

Have to see how long the replacements last, as well as the remainder of the Auxito bulbs I purchased.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the following LED bulbs for my 2018 Compass:

Low Beams: Sealight H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q24LVDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

High Beams: Auxito 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12,000 LM per set 6500K
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

DRLs: Auxlight 2504 PSX24W 12275 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K Xenon White, Super bright 2800 LM
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZGPH4JN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

My own experience is that unless you have hands the size of an infant, changing the low beam headlights is an experience in patience. In the end, I found that completely removing the plastic front fender liner and turning the wheels gives you the best chance of getting your hand up there, as well as reaching down from the engine compartment at the same time with your other hand. Of course, you can't see anything, but easy to feel your way around. FCA also skimped on the length of the wire harness for each headlight bulb to add to the fun. But easy to twist-out bulbs counterclockwise from housing once you can position your hand(s) correctly.

I was very impressed with the contents of the above Sealight kit - includes white cloth gloves, cable ties and adhesive strip for resistor box (not that I used either.) Sealight bulb kit also had long length of wire, not just the bulb like Auxito 9005 high beam, but everything tucks inside headlamp housing. However, Auxito bulb has built-in fan, which may be a plus for longevity.

Although install of Auxito high beams was a snap, I thought that due to bulb length, it barely fit behind dust cap on driver's side. I would have tried the Sealight brand, but was uncertain if their bulbs would fit inside housing / clear dust cap, as it appeared the Sealight 9005 bulbs (at least in Amazon product photo) had the connector coming straight out, not an "L-shaped" bulb with connector on side as Auxito's did. Plus Auxito bulbs supposedly had higher specs in LM's output.

After installation, no errors or flickering with any of above bulbs. Think low beams are much brighter than original halogens, and provide great "road coverage" from light beam output. So much, that I don't really see much of a difference between low beams and high beams anymore with these LED's.
This is the same setup that I went with on my wife's 2020 Trailhawk back in November 2020. They worked great until Wednesday. The Passenger side low beam was half bright so I ordered a new set. They came in yesterday and when I went into the garage to install the replacement passenger side low beam the DRL's and Fog Lights were flashing with the Compass shut off. I replaced the Passenger Side Low Beam and the DRL's are still flashing. The DRL's have always stayed on dim for about 5 minutes after they shut off. The blinkng starts after about 5 minutes of the lights turning off in either auto or 'OFF'. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
297 Posts
DRL's and Fog Lights were flashing with the Compass shut off.
My was doing that morning and my drivers side DRL was flashing. Drove it to the gym with lights on has not been an issue since, but will keep an eye on it. It was -15 below this morning so I don't know if the cold has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought these, I've installed the low beams today, they fit perfectly and work great.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts