My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what locking gas cap is available for the Compass?

Stant makes most of the caps and I can't find a part # in their catalog for the one that fits the Compass.:???:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stop da music!:rolleyes: I got one today!:-D I went to two Wal-Marts this evening and they did not have the one for the Compass. I ended up in Pep Boys where they stock it but were out of stock! The salesperson told me that Jeep caps go out the store like a $2 Havana cigar cause Jeep don't provide a restricted access gas filler. (what's the reasoning of that?) Anyway, he said I just got a delivery of parts so let's see what they brought and perhaps we will find your cap. We went to the newly arrived boxes and sure enough, there was a Stant locking cap! He told me that Stant only handles a commercial grade locking cap for Jeep products and the Stant part # for that cap is 11805. So, if you want one they're at your helpful and friendly Pep Boys for $14.95.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Good deal Skyeye. Put one on all the vehicles after the hurricanes.....:)

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.