My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
heh they just got done with this a few years ago..

7/70k warranty was offered only a few years ago. I know I had a long ass warranty on my 2004 srt4 (which my brother now owns)..

8) :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know because they introduced the 7/70 in two steps. It started in March as non-transferable and then they made it transferable later in the model year.

We learned after buying a used PT Cruiser (wife's car) that the 7/70 on it was not transferable. The previous seller honestly hadn'be been aware of this detail when he said it had the 7/70.

I think it likely they'll extend the warranty again. Hopefully they do it in a less confusing manner this time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I got screwed when I bought my 2002 Neon. I bought it and then a couple of months later DCX increased the warranty for the remaining 2002 models. They also offered the 7/115Km warranty on all the 2003's. I think that they went back to the 5/100Km warranty on the 2004's.

They also had the 7/115Km warranty in the mid 90's too - if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bad news! I've just been told by my Chrysler dealer that the new warranty is only for the USA - Canada is getting screwed again! (Just like on the Compass pricing considering that the Canadian dollar is now worth about 95 cents US)

:evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts