My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone- I'm currently a 2013 Toyota Corolla S (still making payments) and I am itching to get into an SUV so I was weighing some options at a local GMC dealer..needless to say the rep actually offered a 2014 Jeep Compass AWD Latitude edition with premium sound package that was returned because the lady wanted the GMC Terrain. I like to go snowboarding out here in northeast, Hunter Mountain, NY and also parts of Vermont..so I need AWD. Question is..how does the compass handle? Would you recommend it? I have limited options considering I might have to tack on some extra money depending on how much equity my corolla still has. The jeep is selling for 21,595 but could probably get it lowered..any recommendations on the vehicle would help! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try reading the fourm..every thing u need to know is on here without bias. I love my 2012 limited, lifted 4x4 with sun and sound package . But there are too many variables to beable to inform you of Ur pending purchase. Is it a 2.0l or 2.4l, is it cvt or the new 6gear auto? Does it have freedom drive 1 or 2 ect...and with every vehicle, they have some lemons on the road...but maybe u should wait more than 3hrs ona thread for an answer to your question

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my apologies, i was a bit anxious! I was reading some threads on members who have just purchased the 2014 model but the info was very generic. As an FYI, the vehicle I'm looking at is an AWD 2.4L Dual VVT. Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
Of course i'm biased but I've owned 2 vehicles, a 2008 Patriot and now a 2012 Compass. The AWD systems in these vehicles is awesome, in the winter you really don't have to think about anything it will just go on slick roads and medium depth snow without issue. Unlike some AWD systems you can lock it in 4x4 mode unless you are trying to get stuck you shouldn't ever have an issue.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there,

I have a 2012 2.4L Limited with CVT, has plenty of power-to-weight - 2.0L units may be left a little behind?

CVT takes some getting used to as flooring her just makes it labour then eventually pick up the pace - once cruising engine is very responsive.

Limited fitments are very nice - the Boston sound system is amazing [][][][][][][]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts