My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Looking for Exhaust Part replacements 2019 Compass Trailhawk

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CapnBarboza 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2019 Compass Trailhawk and noticed some trail damage that could be causing an exhaust leak. Also I believe there is a bolt missing, not sure of the part numbers to get this replaced and also wondering if there is a skid plate out there to prevent this from happening again. Bought the car used at 43,000 miles and have been getting good use out of it now I’m at around 57,000 miles. Thanks
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tread Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have a 2019 Compass Trailhawk and noticed some trail damage that could be causing an exhaust leak. Also I believe there is a bolt missing, not sure of the part numbers to get this replaced and also wondering if there is a skid plate out there to prevent this from happening again. Bought the car used at 43,000 miles and have been getting good use out of it now I’m at around 57,000 miles. Thanks
View attachment 16570 View attachment 16571
October of 2019 I was changing the oil/filter on my 2018 Latitude and found that same bolt missing. I do not off road with the Jeep. You can see that there was a bolt it there to begin with. Doesn't look like the bolt had any kind of lock washer on it. Replaced it with a new bolt and lockwasher instead of a flat washer and it's been fine since. It's the same that is at the other end of the bracket.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Rim Auto part Gas

Looks like you need the whole front pipe.
2015-2021 Mopar Exhaust Front Pipe 68361579AA | Factory MOPAR Direct

#4 ·
October of 2019 I was changing the oil/filter on my 2018 Latitude and found that same bolt missing. I do not off road with the Jeep. You can see that there was a bolt it there to begin with. Doesn't look like the bolt had any kind of lock washer on it. Replaced it with a new bolt and lockwasher instead of a flat washer and it's been fine since. It's the same that is at the other end of the bracket.
View attachment 16572

Looks like you need the whole front pipe.
2015-2021 Mopar Exhaust Front Pipe 68361579AA | Factory MOPAR Direct
Thanks I appreciate the response! I wonder if a muffler shop can fix the exhaust leak vs buying a new front pipe.Where did you purchase the replacement bolt and lock washer?

#3 · (Edited)
I don't believe there are any skid plates over that part of the exhaust. These are two brands that make skid plates for the Compass.

I personally have the front end skip plate from Valkyrie with ATP carrier bearing and rear diff plates. If you click my name and go to media I have pictures of them on my Compass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.