My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Compass fans!

Just a quick question to see if anyone has any feedback on the typical lifespan of the Compass/Patriot's 2.4L water pump?

I've got an '08 Compass with about 112k on it now, and am assuming that sooner than later that little spinner is going to let me down. There's no symptoms, leaks, etc. yet - but with the miles on the odo, and my experiences over the years, I *know* that it's time is coming.

Fortunately, I'm the original owner, and the new "Fiat-Chrysler' is still honoring the 'Lifetime Warranty' it came with! :super:

The down side to that is - I'd have to let it actually BREAK first (thus letting one of us down somewhere), which would potentially risk overheating the engine. Not so good!

We've already had to replace the alternator - right on schedule - due to the usual bad bearing issue that I've seen reported.

The A-arm bushings did their usual wear-out around 100k miles, and had to be replaced.

We also had to have the CVT replaced (completely on Chrysler's dime!) at 75k miles. Thank god for that warranty!

Thanks in advance for any feedback on water pumps OR any other wearable items I've missed!

Over all, regardless of the items mentioned above, our Compass has actually been a really good and reliable vehicle. We've enjoyed owning it.

-CSM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:confused: Just following up.....

C'mon gang - no one's had to replace a water pump on a high mileage 2.4L Jeep (or even Chrysler at this point!) World engine?

If not - then it looks like this is a "non-worry" then.

Please chime in if anyone has any information on this topic. Are there any Chrysler/Jeep mechanics following these threads by chance?

Thanks!

-CSM

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No to the mechanics. I never seen one as of yet.

No water pump discussions either. Not too many high millage around here either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts