My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am looking into wiring a few things to the battery directly. Interior color shirft glow for under dashboard, lightbars, ect. Question though. On a 2016, where can you run wires from engine bay to cab? I have yet to find a suffiecient place, and id rather not have to drill through the firewall. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I ran my power wire for my amp (4ga) I ran it through the rear wiper washer gromet, just behind the passenger strut tower, it was big enough for my power wire and the hose, that'sthe only place I found besides the shift cable gromet, and I thought the wire would get to hot being that close to the exhaust manifold

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder where i can run the wires then? All im looking to do is maybe interior glow under dash board and some lightbars or something...not sure how i would do this if theres no good sized entry point

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have a pic of that, I still need to run some wires for some LED's and projectors but if i can fit a 10ga wire through where you ran your that would be a lot better than all the way across the engine bay

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you guys want to laugh... When I had installed a Viper Alarm system on this vehicle, I also needed to find a way through the engine's firewall. I ended up using the Drainage pipe under the floormat near the gas/brake pedal. Granted, it was a 12-14 Gauge wire, it still worked. I didn't feel like drilling a hole through the firewall and hitting a brake booster LOL... As long as you wrap the wire with a fair amount of electrical tape, you should be fine... it doesn't rub against anything sharp. I'd have to take a picture when it warms up out there. This summer I plan to take a few pictures of my modded out compass, stay tuned :eyebrows:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts