My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to build a spare for my Compass through Discount Tire/Tire Rack etc. I've searched this forum without much success, Does anyone have the size of the wheel and tire for the non-matching OEM spare? I have the 225/R18 OEM and I really don't want a donut spare, and I think I can do better than the $300 that FCA wants. I just want short term to get me back on the road. If you have built one that fits (with the shelf in place) could you please post the sizes you used.
Thank You!

·
Registered
927 Posts
My Limited came with the full-size non-matching spare and I switched to taller tires and put a matching taller tire on my spare rim, and I'm never going back to the stock height tires again so I don't know where you are located at but I still have the brand new original firestone 225/60R17 spare tire sitting in my garage that I would kinda like to get rid of. No rim, just the tire, but its the one from the factory that goes with the 225/55R18 height tires. If you found a 17" inch rim for it you'd be in business.

But either way you'd want like a 225/60R17 on a steel rim or a 225/65/R16 on a steel rim for a full-size spare (or obviously you can get a 225/55R18 on a steel rim), smaller than 16 probably will have issues clearing the brake calipers. The 225/60R17 is a closer match. You can use something like Tire Size Calculator to compare.

I'd just let your tire shop handle the bolt pattern and spacing for you. Its nice to go in knowing what you need but you can usually trust them, otherwise good should turn it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts