My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I tried, didn't find much.
Nonsense. The topic of big tires has been beat to death a hundred times over in this forum, and plenty of people have posted what they have tried and how the fitment worked out. I sometimes like to do a Google search of the forum in addition to using the forum search, maybe try that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not much bigger, personally tried lifting the jeep with a 2” lift to be able to put in a bigger tire, but that put my front cv axles at a crazy angle and would cause lots of vibration. So I removed the lift. Stock TH height I’ve read you can do 29”, and not too wide because you’ll rub the strut mounts. I’m still sitting on stock tires. What I plan is to repurchase a lift kit, but only install the rear part. When I removed the lift, I did the front first, and I really liked how it looked lifted from the back only. Not sure if this is a good idea, so I guess putting it out there is good for some feedback.

Also, you can scroll down, to the bottom of this thread where you’ll find suggested post related to tire sizes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much bigger, personally tried lifting the jeep with a 2” lift to be able to put in a bigger tire, but that put my front cv axles at a crazy angle and would cause lots of vibration. So I removed the lift. Stock TH height I’ve read you can do 29”, and not too wide because you’ll rub the strut mounts. I’m still sitting on stock tires. What I plan is to repurchase a lift kit, but only install the rear part. When I removed the lift, I did the front first, and I really liked how it looked lifted from the back only. Not sure if this is a good idea, so I guess putting it out there is good for some feedback.

Also, you can scroll down, to the bottom of this thread where you’ll find suggested post related to tire sizes
From what I've seen I'm gonna have to go with 225 65 17 stock is 215 65 17. Not a big difference. I don't mind not putting a lift on it cause it sits high enough from me. I just like the tough tire look. Gonna get to ko2's or toyo at 3's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts