My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent quite some time under the hood and looking around the Compass trying to find out how to remove the lower grill portion. (I am talking about the grill that is below the front license plate, not the individuation chrome bordered grills.)

Any ideas on how to remove?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've spent quite some time under the hood and looking around the Compass trying to find out how to remove the lower grill portion. (I am talking about the grill that is below the front license plate, not the individuation chrome bordered grills.)

Any ideas on how to remove?

Thanks, Chris
Good morning. I have been up in there. The only way to do it, assuming you have a Latitude / Limited / Sport, is to remove the bolts for the lower air dam. Then, you have to remove the lower radiator air deflector. Then you can reach up in there and gently undo the tabs to pop the honeycomb grill insert out. I was going to look at mounting a light bar in there. But, it is a little snug for a couple hour job. Even with a right angle drill. I was going to use the aluminum front bumper as a hanging point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mudman and thanks for the reply. That is why I am looking to remove it as well, for a lightbar.

I may try what you explained above. I wish I could just remove that honeycomb insert on its own. I looked around it and see those tabs and tried everything to get them to budge from sticking a flat piece of plastic in between to sticking a right angle screw driver in there and pressing down.
Since you already got it off once, do you think there is a way to access the tabs from the outside?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts