My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice getting a lower Avg. MPG with using the A/C? I go from 21.5 city ish to 20.7 city when I use the A/C.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Even with the AC on, I still average about 25mpg with our Compass. But I am a featherfoot when it comes to driving. Without AC and all highway driving, I usually get close to 30mpg easy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. I have 5560 miles on my 2011 Jeep Compass ... and like I said I avg. 21.5 city MPG. Any ways to increase it? I had 1 oil change already also.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am a light driver, I don't accelerate quickly or stop hard, although you have to drive extremely defensively around where I live because the general population cannot drive worth a crap!

I have had 1 oil change (synthetic blend from Firestone) and nothing else. I am interested in finding a good air filter though for the stock enclosure. I tried the shroud trick to let more air into the box, but it didn't seem to make a difference in power or take off except that the engine was way louder!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone notice getting a lower Avg. MPG with using the A/C? I go from 21.5 city ish to 20.7 city when I use the A/C.
I have heard of this before. With the windows closed you are causing less turbulence than if you had the windows open. On some vehicles it can be more of a advantage to drive with the windows closed and the AC on than to open up the windows and turn the AC off. Not sure if this applies to the Compass or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have had 1 oil change (synthetic blend from Firestone)
Please do not use their synthetic blend oil. Use fully synthetic or regular. I used to work for Firestone and one thing I can tell you about all synthetic blends is that there is no regulation on these. What does this mean? It means that a company can take their basic oil add 1 drop of synthetic oil (yes 1 drop) and call it synthetic blend.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance. Enough said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts