My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short just bought a new compass and i looked at it the other day and thought it would look pretty nice if it was lowered. Does anyone know if they make a lowering kits for the compass and how difficult is it to install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know, i have to go back to the dealership soon to pick up my tags so i think im going to ask them, but i would think you could because its the same car basicaly

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wonder if there is an air suspension that will work on these. It might be fun to be able to raise the car a few inches to clear some obstacles and lower it on the highway to change the wind profile. I am eyeballing the rally body kit however....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I test drove the rallye edition. it was nice but i don't feel any difference with my suspension, and airbags would be hot except for the fact that there really isn't a good spot to mount the actual air compressor. but if you can find one that is hidden it would be pretty sweet

·
Registered
84 Posts
As far as I know the only difference is the skins and the badge. I have never done an air suspension so I don't have any idea as to the size of the compressor. I am sure there is a place to put it however.

I think for now I'll leave it alone other than mounting the skid plates, oil cooler and the trailer hitch...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was actually wondering as well if there was a lowering kit for it or not...as for the "ralley package" I believe like stated its only the lip kit and badge that is different...I very highly doubt it has a different feel..

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can't understand why one would want to lower a Jeep?

When I pull up next to a Caliber I don't feel any envy for the driver down there.
I don't think I would like to have to look up to other SUVs.
I know the Compass is sporty, but it is still intended to be a Jeep.
If you want to sit lower I think it would be better to buy a vehicle so designed.
Now . . . if they would offer a big opening roof like the '08 Liberty, or best still, a full soft top, a la 1948 Willys VJ Jeepster.
Now that would be a unique market position, the only SUV-convertible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i2canoe said:
I can't understand why one would want to lower a Jeep?

When I pull up next to a Caliber I don't feel any envy for the driver down there.
I don't think I would like to have to look up to other SUVs.
I know the Compass is sporty, but it is still intended to be a Jeep.
If you want to sit lower I think it would be better to buy a vehicle so designed.
Now . . . if they would offer a big opening roof like the '08 Liberty, or best still, a full soft top, a la 1948 Willys VJ Jeepster.
Now that would be a unique market position, the only SUV-convertible.
well because most jeeps are raised to go offroading... I Liked the look of the compass, and the "lowered" look...but i'm not really planning on going offroading with it, so I only got the 4x2...

·
Registered
656 Posts
What every rolls your wheels, I guess.
Can't argue with you about the looks of the Compass,
Might look a bit odd as a chopped rod, but - hay - that's what custom work is all about.
Go for it, enjoy the ride.
Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see thats what i say, i mean really how many lowered jeeps do you ever see in your life? that and i always like doing things to cars that probably shouldn't be done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
u can do anything with enough cash ....i had bags on a 04 grand am your goin to need 2 comps and atleast a 8 gallon air tank so say bye to the rear hatch area it took up my whole trunk

·
Registered
14 Posts
by the way. I went on http://www.tirerack.com and looked under suspension and found 2 sets. Eibach and H&R.... I called a couple local shops and found that they were listed under the caliber...but when checking under the caliber...I could not find the H&K kit..when going onto the H&K website it was listed under compass...so...there are a couple kits out there! woo hoo!

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you put low-pros on I'm sure that would drop the height quite a bit. If it wasn't enough then you would be in good position to drop it furthar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how much did your springs run you, and are you keeping the stock struts or are you upgrading them as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nick8387 said:
how much did your springs run you, and are you keeping the stock struts or are you upgrading them as well.
the springs including shipping, duties, etc etc to canada was $320... which I believe is not bad at all... and I just switched springs, since there seems to be no lowering struts...plus they're fairly new...so i'm hoping they will last a while anyways!

So I got them on tonight...took my friend and I about 2 hrs...got dark out and we had to use a light...so had to juggle using tools and holding a light while staying under a tent while it rained lol...came out good tho! I will have to take some pics tomorrow as it got dark and of course, had to take i on a test drive! lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts