My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the price of gasoline reaching 1.7 euros per liter in Greece, i have decided to install an LPG fuel system. Installation date is April 28...will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
with the price of gasoline reaching 1.7 euros per liter in Greece, i have decided to install an LPG fuel system. Installation date is April 28...will let you know how it goes.
Whats the cost for that there. it will take a lot likely to brake even. But we've hit $1.34-9/10 here today. Times that by 4.54 for the CND Gallon and Joy at the Government and Oil giants. HST on gas must be booming $$$ in on every liter. Its $100 to fill my tank in the Grand Cherokee I've been out in lately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the cost of the conversion is around 1500 euros therefore I estimate that it will take about 8 months to recover the investment... After that, the cost to run the car will be half price instead of gasoline... its a one way street for me..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been running with it for about a week now. Fuel costs have been reduced to half. I did have a small issue as the car would jerk at around 1500 rpm... they shop reprogrammed the fuel intake and it seems to have been reduced .. about 90%... The shop said that I probably need heavy duty spark plugs (?) as LPG demands more spark... ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don`t know about heavy duty spark plugs. You could try pulstar plugs as they are a lot strong than any other irdium plug out there. You could also look at upgrading to A high out put MSD ignition. I would try the plugs first because the MSD costs a lot more. The pulse plugs are $13 a piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem was solved by the installer...they didnt say what they did, but I suspect that it was a faulty part. Car runs extremely well and fortunatly no other issues have come up!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi guys,
You should be happy with that gasoline costs!!!

Here un Peru:
97octane is us$6.1 per gallon.

octane here are (RON+MON)/2, thats why it seem very high octane, but really is almost the same as premium in USA.

well,
do the math!!!

cheers,
William

1 - 7 of 7 Posts