My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Successfully installed the Magnaflow Catback exhaust (#19324) for the 2015+ Jeep Renegade Trailhawk on my 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. Only extra parts needed were a 2.5" exhaust clamp and a 2.5" pipe adapter to take up the length difference between the two vehicles.

There are no clearance issues with suspension (rear lateral arms) or the PTU. The only issue that arose was the resonator pipe contacting the carrier bearing skid plate. A BFH (Big F*cking Hammer) and washers on the mounting studs for the skid plate helped gain clearance but over certain bumps in the road it still makes contact (a rattle). An aftermarket skid plate may be the solution, or a bigger hammer.

Parts purchased:
Magnaflow #19324 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LJIM3S8/
Vibrant #1166 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ASXM9S/
2.5" ID to 2.5" OD adapter pipe - https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-ID-to-2-5-OD-Exhaust-Pipe-Connector-Adapter-Reducer-304-Stainless-Steel/173177210718

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kudos to you for venturing out at testing for everyone else. With that being said, I definitely will not be putting it on mine. Imo it makes it sound too Honda civic to me. Never been a fan of aftermarket exhausts on most 4 cylinder cars

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice install. I ran the Magnaflow on my 2015 KL Trailhawk for 65,000 miles. Never helped with MPGs. It did sound decent with the 3.2L V6. No other performance mods aside from that. I'm not likely to follow suit with you on the Compass. The Tigershark is not an engine that it helps, in my opinion. However, I do not think it sounds bad. I kind of like being quiet. One question...do you take your Jeep on trails? If so, that large tip is likely to take a beating when departing off obstacles. Only downside I see. Nice work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Saw this on FB. Sounds pretty kick ass IMHO. Great job.

Reactions: dawm

·
Registered
970 Posts
It does sound very nice, kudos to you for branching out and trying it!

The main reason I don't foresee a louder exhaust ever being something I want on mine is because the 2.4 simply works too hard to move the vehicle around at the pace I like to go/accelerate. Maybe I'm getting old, but what I've discovered from all the 4-cylinder N/A engines I've ever done loud exhaust on is that its simply an announcement to everyone else that you are going super slow and wish you could go faster. With the stock exhaust people don't as easily realize I'm running 5000 RPM to try to keep up with them leaving a stoplight :rolleyes:

But all that would change if they ever offer a bolt-on mopar turbo kit...

Anyways, congrats again on your successful install and enjoy! The whole point of modifications is to do what you like and what makes you happy with it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my Valkyrie skid plate since the oem skid even after meeting a hammer started to rattle against the exhaust, need to find time to trim the new skid to clear the larger diameter exhaust piping and get it powdercoated. I'll post up a template of before and after trimming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my Valkyrie skid plate since the oem skid even after meeting a hammer started to rattle against the exhaust, need to find time to trim the new skid to clear the larger diameter exhaust piping and get it powdercoated. I'll post up a template of before and after trimming.

Is this the renegade valkyrie skid plate? Does it fit? Im definately interesting in changing my trailhawks plate. I bent it a little bit, and its just so flimsy. It took a little hit on a trail from a loose rock and it bent. So im looking for something more sturdy for piece of mind. this was on my sights, but im not sure yet it it will fit. Let me know, since OEM jeep compass trailhawk skid plate is the same has the renegade.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this the renegade valkyrie skid plate? Does it fit? Im definately interesting in changing my trailhawks plate. I bent it a little bit, and its just so flimsy. It took a little hit on a trail from a loose rock and it bent. So im looking for something more sturdy for piece of mind. this was on my sights, but im not sure yet it it will fit. Let me know, since OEM jeep compass trailhawk skid plate is the same has the renegade.
Yep this is for the Renegade and Compass. It'll fit without issue as long as you have the original oem exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts