1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi Robert,
We do have a kit in development currently but I do not have an ETA on when it will be available just yet. You can sign up for updates via email by clicking "Check availability" on this page:

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
You guys put this out yesterday so I was wondering if yall ever came out with with I have a 2014 and if ya did would it work on it also cause I want a smaller one on mine

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Are you looking for a full catback or just the muffler, I got just the magnaflow muffler and had it tucked up under the rear bumper so it can't be seen. I find that stock muffler rather ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb.

From what I can tell, the only difference between the factory exhaust and the magnaflow catback system is that the magnaflow system does not have the resonator.

I would recommend if you wanted to save money is just go to a local muffler shop and ask about them replacing your muffler, and if you wanted getting rid of the resonator.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/aftermarket-accessories-parts/20554-new-magnaflow-exhaust.html

There is my thread on how I had my exhaust done. It cost my $300

Here is a thread with someone who did the entire cat back

Installed Magnaflow Exhaust on my 2011 Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com

As you can see not a drastic difference. Just checking ebay quickly its about $600 plus shipping for the magnaflow catback exhaust.

·
Registered
286 Posts
ya I rember us talking about that and how u did it am looking for a place to go get it now or when planning in near future

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Full catback = pipes and muffler from catalytic converter back, basically all the hardware after the catalytic converter to the tail pipe is the catback.

On a 2014 compass the exhaust diameter is 2.5" (2010 and earlier were 2.25") the catback removes the factory resonator, otherwise just changing out the muffler is almost the same as the catback, and a lot cheaper.

The resonator is on there to keep things quiet, I haven't removed mine but i'm sure it would make it a bit louder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
From my experience (other cars/trucks) some times u need to replace the full exhaust system other just the muffler..

I had a 4 cylinder 2002 honda accord and I remember it was slow on take off so what I did at that time was:
1- CAI
2- Canceled the Cat converter (let's say where Iam living it is legal if you canceled the Cats as long as you pass the emissions test every 3 years)
3- I added an extra stock muffler (dual mufflers just like the V6 model

The result was great for that engine (non vti) I manage to spen the wheel a little on take off on full throttle!

Now back to the compass it is a 4 cylinder!! (2.4 nice size)
What I have seen so far and under stand is what we need is a deep low to medium sound just to get the attention as if this car means business!
And at the same time we could get that get up power we need!

If I was a performance exhaust mani manufacturer I would keep it simple as replacing the Cat-back or muffler by a clean easy way which allow the use of the stock piping (for 2014 models)

But I wish if we can get a high performance Cat converter as a direct replacement!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So did you end up upgrading your exhaust ? If so what brand? Do you like the performance ? I'm looking to upgrade my 2014 but not sure what brand? Thanks for your time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts