My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 08 compass. 2.4 cvt trans. runs and drives well but i think every light is on with the dash and honestly i am not sure where to start.
mostly is powertrain sensors i think. clean the codes and it will trip codes before it moves 1"
not sure where to start. from abs sensors, to o2 to ???
what would be a good place to start other than just starting to replace stuff? im a old school muscle car guy so the mechanics are easy its the testing and wiring drives me to rage. lol
some codes i wont post (tire sensors aren't in because of winter tires ect)
codes.
p0139 (o2 replaced 3k ago)
u110a lost com with SCM-Can C
u0114 lost com with final drive module
u0126 lost com with steering angle sensor (sensor replaced 10k ago)
c107c brake pedal 1/2 stuck (replaced 5k ago)
u140e implausible vehicle configuration data received
c2202 original vin mismatched/missing (bought from original owner w/ 60k miles no vin error until recently)
p0513 invalid skim key
p0671 brake switch a circut.

i am not sure where to start. traction control abs and antilock all lit up. check engine lit. runs and drives ok. i am at my wits end. i HATE this vehicle but my girlfriend loves it.

where would i even start here? im ready to scrap it but one last try to see if i can at least get it to go in and stay in 4wd? any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
81 Posts
Looking at the list of codes, I would start with the comm faults. Those are the most significant. Start with a good visual inspection of the wiring harness - could be some rodents have been munching on your wires.
Good luck!

· Administrator
2,389 Posts
Funny as it sounds, @Techmike's rodent suggestion may be on the right track. Before my present Compass, I had a 2008 Patriot (sibling to your 1st gen Compass) that developed a bad spot in the wiring harness directly below the battery. Whether it was caused by rodents IDK, but I keep finding acorns in places they couldn't possibly get to by natural means. I now spray Grandpa Gus' repellent on my wires.

FYI, the wiring problem on my 2008 Patriot was at 210,000 miles and I debated putting out $1000+ for a new harness. Turns out it was definitely worth the money. I got another 60,000 miles out of it before selling it to a friend. It's over 300,000 now and still going strong.

· Registered
81 Posts
Hi Jasmine, I have had squirrels gnaw through the plastic fuel return line on my Liberty, and something got up under the plastic top engine cover on my 2018 Compass and started munching on the coil wires. FYI, some time ago 'they' started making the wire insulation from a soy bean derivitive, Smells like food to rodents. Thanks for the Grandpa Gus' repellent tip! Ordering some now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts