My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Glad I found this platform! Purchased a used 2019 Compass Limited 4x4 (18k miles) a couple of months ago in FL before moving to New England and every so often as I’m driving I’ll hear on top of the engine noise a loud sound as if the RPM is jumping but it’s not according to the RPM gauge. Definitely sounds weirds, I know lol but any idea what it could be??? No codes or check engine light, just that sound that seems to be coming from either the middle or the rear.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
383 Posts
Hi all! Glad I found this platform! Purchased a used 2019 Compass Limited 4x4 (18k miles) a couple of months ago in FL before moving to New England and every so often as I’m driving I’ll hear on top of the engine noise a loud sound as if the RPM is jumping but it’s not according to the RPM gauge. Definitely sounds weirds, I know lol but any idea what it could be??? No codes or check engine light, just that sound that seems to be coming from either the middle or the rear.
If it is the noise that I suspect it is, it is "normal", there was an update that helped to mask the sound by moving it up to a higher speed. There are several threads on the forum regarding this sound. Here's one that covers a lot of ground: TSB 08-095-18 Is this the fix for our drivetrain issues?

I f the sound goes away when you disable Electronic Stability Control (ESC), that is the sound you are hearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts