My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Jeep Compass Limited (the 4 wheel drive version). This morning when I was going up a small hill the ETC, stability, & 4wheel drive lights came on. The ETC was actually blinking & the others were solid. My vehicle lost power & with the pedal floored it would not get over 35 mph. When I stopped it was idling normal however it was shaking like it was higher. I drove back home (less than 8 miles), shut it off & turned it back on. All seemed fine but I still did not want to risk it right then.

A few moments ago I drove less than 5 miles everything seemed okay, it wasn't until I was headed back home it gave me problems. This time the ETC light would blink but it would also stop completely & stability would come on solid but when the ETC light would stop blinking it would go off, I was still able to do 50 mph with just a little resistance. When I stopped at a redlight & I went to accelerate the ETC, stability, & 4 wheel drive lights all came on & I lost power. The MIL (check engine) light came on this time too. When I pulled in my driveway I shut it off & restarted it & only the MIL light was on.

I live out in the country so the closest dealership Jeep dealership is 20 miles & that is by interstate. That's why I am reaching out here first.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts