My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, new to the whole 'new jeep' thang...more like 'new any vehicle' thing...but thats not what im after! heh

was looking for advise on the minimum rim size for my 07 Compass. i've got the nice fat 18's right now but would like to downsize and get some proper winter tires on her and a smaller rim/more meat would be a little more practical in my neck of 'constantly-under-construction-need-to-take-bumpy-a$$-side-roads-shredding-ball-joints-snow-up-to-my-second-story-windows' ontario. (not that im bitter...) :lol:

i asked the less then knowledgable staff at the local dealership and they flat out didnt know...and still decided to talk for 25 mins, surmising but not offering anything other then 'factory specifications'. (even offered to sell me a set of 17's with all seasons...as though i was talking to myself the whole time and they just waited for me to take a breath so they could offer to sell me something.)

...not that im bitter. :lol:

SO!
anyone able to lend some insight? was thinking 16's, but would love nothing more then to squeeze on some 15's...

let me know,
thanks
Greg

·
Registered
656 Posts
iamgreg said:
SO!
anyone able to lend some insight? was thinking 16's, but would love nothing more then to squeeze on some 15's...

let me know,
thanks
Greg
I went with 16" but I understand that 15" can be used as well. 16" is a popular size and you have a wide range of choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen a Patriot around here with 15" caliber wheels without hubcaps, and 205-75-r15 BfGoodrich all terrains. It looks really great. The 205-75-15 has the same overall diameter as the stock 215-60-17 on the Compass, so it would work, and the caliber wheels have the correct backspacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts