My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 09 Jeep Compass! But somehow I didn't notice that all the back speakers where not working when I tested it.

It has a nice JVC aftermarket deck on it, so I took it to Future Shop and the guy said that who ever installed this did a poor job and took out the amp to override its settings, hence only the two front door speakers work. Old owners don't know where this is, said they never noticed the back speakers did not work.

Now I got quoted a crazy number to pretty much replace the amp and all the little parts required to do so.

Do you guys know where I could get my hands on an original amp, even an original deck? for cheap? or have any ideas?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, I just want all the original speakers working again.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
It probably isn't going to be cost effective to get the original speakers amp ect, since the replacement parts aren't cheap compared to what you can get aftermarket. I would recommend taking it to a stereo shop explaining to them where the stock system speakers are and having them make a system that works, this may not only be cheaper but also the sound quality will be far better than what the stock system was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts