My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be modifying my tail lights on my 2016 Jeep Compass so the led brake lights also function as turn signals. Since the original incandescent turn signals will now be unused, I will also be able to use them as extra reverse lights for increased brightness. Here is a demo:

[ame]https://youtu.be/ixRhoT70P0s?t=12s[/ame]

I have already ordered it and will have it by the weekend. I'll do a follow-up post if there is enough interest when I finish installing it. It is the Tail As Turn module by Diode Dynamics. I paid $35 for it and I'm quite excited to install it. It is not plug-and-play, so I'll have to either crimp or splice the connections.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That is freaking cool as heck. I love it! The extra reverse lighting would help me tremendously when I'm up North which happens quite often.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh wow those are some bright reverse lights, but perfect at night when you're backing out of parking spaces. People need to look where they're going!
Let us know how the installation goes on the 2016 Compass and if there are any problems.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm very disappointed with the product. Either the module is defective in some way, or it simply does not work with the Compass. I checked the list of compatible vehicles and it did list the 2016 Compass as one of them. What does work is the turn signals themselves, but once you turn on the daytime running lights and/or the hazards, everything malfunctions. I wired the module and the resistor multiple ways, but never got it to function at its fullest. Here are some of the videos I recorded when testing them (on the second video the module was only installed on one side to compare):

I sent an email to customer service; I'll probably request a refund instead of a replacement since I already cut up a bunch of my factory wiring and I took hours to install this thing trying to get it to work. It was a waste of time and a pain...

·
Registered
272 Posts
That sucks.

I would be extremely frustrated especially after chopping up wires. I would bank for a refund instead as well. Thanks for letting us know though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out and you had to cut up the wiring. Hopefully, they'll do right by you and offer a full refund because listing it as compatible when it really isn't is ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts